Sign in to follow this  
Guest glidernut

Help! I'm stuck in the UK region

Guest glidernut

If in your FU3 folder you hav an outterr folder then try remooving it.I sergest you drag and drop the outterr folder onto the desk-top and thentry FU3.But bifor you get compleetly quard of this fasinateing alement, can wehave sum more close up snaps of the pady fialds ?Are the pady fialds flat ?Dr glidernut.:wave

As Glidernut can attest, a separate installation for the new regions is a good idea. My UK South is a total stand-alone version of FU3 with all the works. Well, "all the works" is an exaggeration since I deleted the Seattle region and didn't install the outer terrain or SanFran :-)If Agtim includes elevations for Switzerland I may try to run this region with the UK South but then, another complete sim would be a safe choice.If you have plenty of disk space try this:Copy your entire FU3 directoryPaste it into another location and call it FU3UKDelete the Seattle and the SanFran regions. Move the entire UK South region to this installation's regions folder / keep UK South only. Voila! A UK South version of FU3. Just make a shortcut to the main *.exe and move to the desktop, renaming it to FU3UK. The only drawback is that you can't fly from Heathrow to Seattle but then, you can't anyway since the regions overlap ;-)Hans Petter

Hi, Gents!Just a quick thought...Would it be possible to remap all the regions with their respective real-world coordinates? I realize that this would be quite the undertaking, but I can see some valuable potential for the results if it was possible to implement them.Fly First...Play Later...--Noel

Guest Robs

Notes of caution- don't try to reinstall but copy and paste your installation.FU3 won't allow a second installation.Also been to eden - hitchikers guide to the galaxy was filmed there.If you need any more photos to model then let me know!!Rob.

Guest R_Driscoll

They would be a challenge to model! But that might be something for a GMax project - I will pass on this unless you would like cubic domes?(Concrete and cubes - I'm good at them). So we are looking for volunteers to do Stonehenge and the the biomes: Rob, Rich, Jon, John, Ansgar, ...?

Thanks for the advice, I'm sure i'll sort it from here.Glidernut, regarding the picture of pady fields, they are actually open cast mining operations where they remove the white clay to be used to make china plates, cups etc. It's a major industry for Cornwall, but like all others is in contraction now.The pits themselves have got to be at least 70 meters deep (200 feet). The 'biomes' at Eden project are huge and are completely hidden inside an old open china clay pit. For a bit of fun I've attached some actual pics of Eden to give you an idea.The UK region has lots of hidden gems and I'll try to spot a few more for the future!Happy FlyingGraeme UK

Hi all.The new UK scenery is very nice, but I just selected the Seattle region to try out the Reno Racing challenge and the UK scenery loaded instead.When I got to my plane it was in the middle of some field somewhere with a message 'would you like to load Seattle..'. I pressed Y for yes and the seattle scenery loaded but the message now read 'would you like to load UK scenery'. Can't get rid of the message and when the Seattle scenery loaded I wasn't in the right place anyway. Restarting the game with the Seattle scenery last used didn't help either.Any ideas?Just for light relief, attached is a pic of china clay works in Cornwall. Somewhere down there is the Eden project with it's huge biomes (greenhouses!) that were also used as the backdrop for the baddies lair in the latest Bond film.ThanksGraemeUK