Sign in to follow this  
agtim

Sandown airport is coming up more and more even slowly.

The most important hangar is set and the grass runway is build using real ground views.there is no lights at this airport and no ILS as mentioned in the welcome to Wight fly-in fun party.Important Note: Sandown closes at 8 p.m. (20:00), and you MAY NOT LAND after this time.It is estimated that 800 aircraft can be parked on site utilizing the northern taxiway and one side of the field so we should have plenty of room.So as you can see we need a lot of planes for this airport and a lot of trees also. There is an exhibition of Jon Point's tree collection at the end of the runway. http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/jonstrees.jpgfirst 2 trees are from Rober Driscol then jtree1 to jtree18 with A on top and the B and C sizes toward the runway.This simplify the tree selection for a group in size and aspect.Question to Jon Point:Your trees will be planted around Sandown and Bembridge but there is just the Seattle palette version of it in the avsim library. How can we proceed to get the tree for the users. You can upload the Sanfran-Version or I can distribute with this package. Its up to you to decide. Same for the 2 Geebees currently bad boys have put old barrels under the tail so they can't move. Can you make a rotated version (tails on ground) of this fine models for our airports, thank you very much :-)http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/groundedgb.jpg:-wave agtim

Guest jonpoint

Agtim,Ah, the barrels. They're actually deliberate - stops badgers from living in the tailwheel well. They make such a mess and smell too.. :-lolMy apologies for not doing the Sanfran model uploads. I have been doing it in between everything else (you know, GeeBees and the Dash-8 - see the preview shots!). The trees were mostly converted but I didn't like the re-mipped colours so I've gone back to the original 24-bit textures and, with Rob's latest Fixmip, will be releasing them shortly (might take a break from the Dash-8 for a night...). Truth is, I have already done most of my other models and these will all be released together. Sorry for the delay ;)I'll send you a 'tail-down' GeeBee for your collection. This and some flying 3D models will be released with the others.PS Since you're (were?) in 'livery mode', how's about a donation to the Dash-8 livery library? I'm accepting all offers. Every contributor gets a free Dash-8 to play with...:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

That Glidernut fella has set up HERE as well? Dagranit and sufferin succotash. How's he do it?OK, enough is enough. I have imported a new hangar into UK, using great stealth, secrecy and hiddenness (apart from that reporter at Dover who promised he wouldn't tell anyone). This is a state of the art brand new hangar from those clever people in Sweden.And sure, it may look a little rusty (well after the ferry sank it was difficult to retrieve) and not quite straight (that was a touch unlucky to bring it ashore in the first force 10 gale of the season), but once I have repainted and patched it, I'm going into competition with Glidernut. What's he got that I haven't (apart from living in England and a knowledge of gliding) (oh alright, probably charisma, appeal, financial acumen, capital, an established market ..). Hang on, the point is, he can't have the whole glider market to himself.So here I throw down the gauntlet. Within months I expect I will have a string of gliding clubs all over UK south, in direct competition with him. I already have a slogan:"We're better than what that other guy's as good as."Catchy, hey? I'll need a wide roof to paint that on though.Now, I need some help to launch this venture. Does anyone know where I can get a state of the art motor glider, relatively unused, for about, oh, say, one pound 10? And some petrol. Lots of petrol (I always get worried when the motor goes off). Give me a call.Can the Dash 8 be used as a glider? Over short distances?RobD.

Guest glidernut

agtim, >The most important hangar is set.Good, exalant.Thats just as it should be.Sandown might closes at 8 p.m but if you fly over Sandown at night yousee my hangar,s lights on. My chaps work late into the night giving good service.So take no notice of that troubl maker Robert Driscoll.You stik with the GLIDERNUT hangar it looks good.About Jon Point,s trees.Dont wate for him to put them into the Sanfran palet.When he has finished his Dash-8 he will do sumthing els, not the trees.But his trees are too good to go without.We need the trees now.So in my opinion, you should use them the way you allredy hav.Not only that but I sergest you put this line in your mane FU3 cfg file.model_detail_scale 1000.0It makes Jon Point,s and RobD,s new trees look even better than thay allredy are.10 times better infact. Thay dont pop into existance sudanly. Thay cum into existance gradualy,and with there maximum detail at all distanses.>"We're better than what that other guy's as good as."What sily so-and-so thorght that up ?itll never catch on.No chance.glidernut.:-wave

Guest Motormouse

Hi agtim, I can add some of my local knowledge to Sandown,so I've mailed a zip file to your address on the 'FUIII Terrain Workshop' web-site.:-wavePete

Now I have 2 airports with activities on IOW.http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/iowready.jpgSandown Iles of Wright airport IOW - soundname: Swanson Parking spots: at the Glidernut hangar and in the northern part at the maintenance hangar near of aircraft museum - they have old Spits there.Jon's bus is relaying the airport form the carpark with Sandown and a Car is looping between nort and south part on the Scottshels Brook Lane - caution on final 05.The tree exibition is moved to the east of the runway on a forest ground now.There is a lot of plane traffic - unfortunately always from the north (runway 23), no idea how to force AI to use runway 05.http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/bbpunderconst.jpgBembridge BBP - soundname: Bremerton2 parking spots in south and north area of airport (Britten -Norman area)I have tried to put 2 runways on the same place, a long and a short one. The short one is for the northern parking spots and the long runway for the souther part.The practice turns of the Mooney and the Archer goes around Culver Cliff.http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/pracmooney.jpghttp://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/pracarcher.jpgAgain AI direction never changes here.I am not happy with the soundnames, but can't change that actualy.Last model for Bembridge are in the pipeline...then the upload.You will need Jon's models 2models.zip. I will generate AIPLAN legs for a journey to the Needles and back - hope I get it working. AI planes don't always behave as I wishe. :-wave agtim

Guest Rich Wren

Hi agtim,I have noticed while playing around with taxigraphs for Shoreham that the order that you place the runways affects the default runway. I seem to remember that the first runway you place is the default, the default direction being from first end placed towards the second. This was about a month ago now so I can't quite remember which way around it was, perhaps it might be worth having a play with Fled on a different airport and see what you can come up with...Looks like it's really coming along well, hopefully we'll be able to see the finished product soon?Cheers,Rich.

Guest glidernut

agtim,Im glad you do the AI traffic. AI traffic fly mutch mor realistikaly than as mooving objects.I think you can sumtimse get the AI traffic to use a diferant runway with a diferant orientation, or change the patan of the AI traffic by changeing the wind direction. But I would not bet on it. Im only gesing.What is "IOW"? I meen what dus "IOW" stand for?Anyway, I hav Jon,s models "2models.zip", it was good of him to put them inthe Sanfran or UK-South palet for us, and Im looking forwerd to seeing them in your Sandown package.I can do sum good gliding off that slope.glidernut.:-wave

I would think that IOW stands for Isle of Wight, John. You're going to kick yourself now aren't you ? :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi AllRich, thanks for info, I think it must be the oposide my AI planes starts from the second green square set with fled - hope we can change this without using fled.IOW is for Isle of wight Airport, there was no 3 letters shorts in any published airport list, Bembrige is BBP as in the official list.Still working on models now :-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

The new airports at IOW look great IMHO. Both BBP and IOW are RES (really excellent sceneries).But honestly, congratulations, you have blended the sceneries in well with the backgrounds - they look professional and realistic.And sorry Glidernut, I can't really go into competition with your gliding school. You're right, the slogan's terrible, and your clients are far too loyal. And when they were unloading, they dropped the hangar. Again. I am looking forward to the new airports!Does anyone know what the airport is near StoneHenge? Every time I change the model I have to fly 7485 km from Southampton to get there. So I made a temporary airport in the field across the road, and sank into the water. Then I made a temporary airport on the roadway, and was run over by a red tourist bus. But there is a proper airport nearby - I fly over it every time and use it as a marker to find my little hengie (MLH).RobD.

AI planes use runways according to the wind direction at Unicom airports, not the way of edition of the airport.B.Adamski

Thank you Quentin, The Hangars are parts of my next IOW Package coming soon. Yes there are new buildings, about 3 hangars and 2 building of the Britten-Norman Factory and .... a Spit :-)Sandown - the north spot near the ww2 museumhttp://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/iowww2.jpgBembridge - northern spot also near Britten-Norman Factoryhttp://www.agtim.ch/fu3/images/iowbn.jpgnow I have to check the package, may be add a hurrican to the museum and the release it. :-wave agtim