Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

New forum system ?!?

Guest twsimfan

I guess we have a new forum system, again. The looks of this one are going to take some getting used to for me anyway... but it sure is FAST! Fast is something we definately need.I would be interested to hear your comments on this... I have a hunch that Tom & Scott would too.

Guest Robert_S

So far, I've gotta say I love it. Yes, it'll take some getting used to, but it sure seems efficient, and slick-fast. I'll vote for blue instead of black, too, but maybe that's already happened?Between my going broadband, combined with the new server situation and the new forum software at AVSIM, this place is quite a different place than it was. AVSIM-MACH 1... I love it. :-)[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

I have to agree with Bob. The new style is excellent, and the speed is a vast improvement. I like it :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Any way to make it not show all replies in the forum view? Too much scrolling...

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Jimmi, look up on the top menu for a link that has "collapse topics". That will do it for you.

Thanks a lot :-beerchug

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Staggerwing

Type seems pretty small I think, but we'll see..

Yes, these fonts will take some getting used to. But then, "getting used to" may be all that it takes :-)The ability to post screenshots and other images is one big advantage of the Avsim forums. Edited to add one point: I miss the "show topics" that we used to have. I rarely want to go to next or previous topic--I want to get back to the main forum page. The back button seems to work all right though.Edited again to correct the above: We DO have the "show topics"--it's called "the flight unlimited series". Yes, I guess we'll just have to get used to this new forum format :-lol Hans Petter

Guest jonpoint

Folks,I'm glad it's faster - I noticed no difference but hey! A couple of points:1. The images look clearer - or is it my imagination? I used to upload images and they used to get all blurry and dark. 2. The topic headings should be in bold type. It's otherwise hard to find them because all the text is the same! Someone else commented on font size but I think some judiciously-placed bold type will help! Otherwise it reminds me of some of those game sites that were written by people with coke-bottle glasses :-eek3. It seems to have doubled-up my signature!Apart from all that it's fine. The bold type is necessary though, at least for topic and subject headings! In fact, why not do the signature in bold as well?Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Robert_S

When I look at messages that I posted before the change, they have double-signatures.But messages posted today, after the change, have single signatures.Hmmm? :-hmmmAnd how come the PREVIEW of a message comes up in blue font, but the posted message is in black?[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Actually, after taking a few minutes to accustom myself to the new format, I have come to the following conclusion:SOMETIMES, change IS good!!!! :-rotorFly First...Play Later...--Noel

Guest jonpoint

Yep, the 'double signatures' only affects existing posts - :-dohIs there a way of customising fontsize? I use a 19" monitor and would fit more threads per page if I could. Some forum systems allow this.A change is as good as a holiday...:-wave Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest twsimfan

Bob,"And how come the PREVIEW of a message comes up in blue font, but the posted message is in black?"Very good question. Scott if your listening I'd still like the blue... but not a big deal. The improved speed is worth most any compromise. Thanks again! :)

Guest jonpoint

And another thing...When the new system sends email alerts, the alert doesn't include the subject or the author of the reply??!?You just get a line like this (below) which makes it hard to sort through them (for those multi-tasking people like myself that like to keep a couple of streams active)http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho...ic_id=6066#6084Not exactly user-friendly :-grr Can we fix this?Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************