Sign in to follow this  
Guest andy9164

Concorde...A Challenge

Guest andy9164

As i am based in the UK, Concorde has always had my admiration. We hear with sadness that from November this year both British Airways and Air France will be withdrawing the service and this wonderful bird will be no longer take to the skys.Please would someone consider making a flyable version to be added to FU3. Sorry, but I have no technical expertise whatsoever when it comes to building planes. However, having just obtained the UK scenerey (many thanks to Glidernut for his time and copy of the discs) I will be looking to building some models for the South Coast having also just downloaded a great mannual to help me.Eastbourne Pier, Beachy Head Lighthouse and the Palace and West Piers at Brighton are the things I have in mind as I live down that way. Only problem I have is the West Pier changes every 3 months, washed away by storms in Jan this year and then set on fire March this year.Will keep you updated (or when I shout for help).Thanks to all.Andy

Andy,Do you think that one of the BA Concordes should be given to Richard Branson ? I am not sure if he would like to use it for scheduled services, or (more likely) as some kind of ultimate corporate jet. Wouldn't that be fantastic ?What does everyone else think about this ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Can you imaging a concorde in Virgin atlantic livery?Why dosn't someone do that and let us see it, I think it would look pathetic! I think concorde is out and it should go!!!!!!!!!!

Guest andy9164

I agree with Elffy on the "look ridiculous" front, truly a BA plane, but shouldnt be got rid off. A symbol of true Britain.Lets hope someone can build us one to fly.Andy

Why would it look pathetic ? Personally, I don't care who gets a Concorde so long as they still fly it. Can you imagine all of the Concordes gathering dust in museums ?Christ, I hope not.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Where you want to fly this plane in the world of GA, Chris ?:-)

The Concorde is a page in history but I don't really see it as the ultimate FU3 model. Reason, there's not enough terrain to cross to make a supersonic flight worthwhile. The B747 makes some sense from Seattle to San Francisco or to some outer terrain airport. Still, even this one really calls for cross continental flights--a B737 would be the realistic choice for domestic flights in the real world. Another point is whether FU3 supports supersonic, extreme altitude flying. I've noticed some problems getting the B747 up to its proper cruise level. To me, FU3 shines in simulating the GA aircraft "envelope" and this can be stretched to include executive jets, regional turboprops and regional jets. (And, Ansgar's B747 just for fun :-))Hans Petter

sorry for this totally off topic post but where abouts do you live Andy? I'm in hove...

I am referring to the REAL Concorde here, not some FU3 flyable model. Surely someone here agrees with me that Concorde is far too impressive an aircraft to just retire ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Hello together,as developer who "might be able" to build such a bird in the needed quality I cant resist to state here also my opinon: ;-)In the early years of my live (15...16) I saw the concorde landing at our midsize regional airport (germany: Osnabr

Guest andy9164

OK, maybe "look pathetic" was the wrong phrase, but Concorde has always been a BA plane and should in my view remain so. (No I dont work for BA). However, you are quite right, someone should buy it and keep it flying, even if its just for shows. Finally, I can imagine these planes gathering dust in hangers. How deprived we would be of seeing an object of such beauty in the sky.Andy

Ansgar,You never fail to amaze me. We will all still be using FU3 in a decade, even if it's only so that we can test fly your new aircraft ! :-)When I said that I was referring to the real Concorde, I didn't mean that I wouldn't LIKE to see a flyable Concorde in FU3. Since you were intending to develop a high detail AI Concorde at some point in the future, this would seem to be an excellent extension of that project. Just remember to include a VFR cockpit view with excellent visibility. After all, Concorde has a pretty high angle of attack during approach and landing. :-)Also, with respect to Hans' comment regarding FU3 as a GA simulator, when have any of you known me to fly ANYTHING in FU3 at more than landing speed ? :-lol Thanks Ansgar. You are one in a million.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ansgar,What have you done to the text ? My smiley faces have disappeared ;)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Hi Chris,thanks for your kind words! I only reflected my personal opinion to that great bird. You can be sure that I also want to fly the Concorde - once I have build it as HQ-AI :-) So once we have it it

Guest andy9164

Just across in Eastbourne. Flew last night from Gatwick down the A23 to Brighton, along the A27 to Eastbourne. Even managed to fly over my house which was interesting because it looks like my house was built but a group of 13 houses oppsite weren't. The Polegate bypass was "stopped short" at the Polegate end as it was for 6 years due to lack of funding and completed last year. So I guess the scenery is around 5 - 6 years old.I also noticed when flying down the Thames that the London Eye is laid flat on the river East of Westminster, but I cannot remember when it was like this.However, the UK South has really enhanced the game and lets hope these clever guys kep developing more great add ons.Andy