Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dann

Am I the only one having an issue???

Guest Dann

Chris,Good call, but that was one of the first things I checked when discovering this problem; box was unchecked anyway.Still working on this issue in a part time capacity, as it really is a challenge.Thanks for the consideration, that was a good idea.Dan

Guest R_Driscoll

Not my area of expertise but something that gave me trouble for a few months was installing a new device on the phone line - an answering machine. I didn't realise it would interact with my modem but it caused a lot of dropouts until I realised.

Hello, Dan!Realizing that you are running XP, I am not completely sure this will help. this has resolved issues for other people, including myself, concerning data transfer rates/reliability. Try going to http://www.codeforge.co.uk/mainframes.htm and see if there is a "Tweak-All" there for you. If so, there will be a variety of modem settings available to tweak, eg. RWIN, TTL, MTU, MSS. If not, try to access your registry and search for a command line such as "+MS=V**" where "**" should read "90". You might also check modem properties to see what speed it is currently set to connect at.Hope this helps...Fly First...Play Later...--Noel