Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dann

Am I the only one having an issue???

Guest Dann

I cannot download from the library. It just sits there, doing nothing. I try clicking the "click here if nothing happens" button, and still nothing happens.What am I missing, here???FRUSTRATED,Dan

Guest jonpoint

Gee Dan, you should try UPloading...Took me 7 tries over 2 days to upload my new models... Seems to be a slow pipe - I plotted my upload and, after connecting at reasonable delay (2-300mS), the time just jumps to 3-5000mS or longer. No other site (including other US sites - I'm in Australia) has this issue, just Avsim :-( I hope they fix it soon! To counter the issue, I even directly mailed my model files to people I knew may want them.BTW, the forum page took 5 minutes to open, so did my reply page.:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Dann

Jon,Yikes! I guess I shouldn't complain! Well, the pages are opening fast, but the download just doesn't happen. I cleaned out all my cookies and temp web pages, etc, maybe that'll help.Dan

Guest Dann

No luck as of yet.Is ANYONE else having problems downloading from the Library?Hellloooooo? I know you're all out there.Dan

Guest Dann

Okay, this is beginning to tick me off. I can download files from other sites, but not here. My wife, at her work, downloaded the tools from the Avsim library just fine.Howcome Avsim and my computer are not getting along???Dan

Hello.I downloaded the latest FU3 addons today, and I did not notice any bugs with the system.Best regards.Lars Peter.

Guest glidernut

Im having NO problems downloading from avsim.Only 2 seconds for the download dialog box to apeer and only1 minit to download the tools.But then I hav brord-band.I dont know what to sergest wat your problem might be.Sory.glidernut.

Guest Dann

GO FIGURE!My laptop downloads just fine.My desktop downloads from other sites, JUST NOT HERE. Sheesh. Gotta figure that one out....any XP Pro experts in here? It has to be a unique setting between my version of Explorer and XP, and my accessing Avsim. CRAP!DanPS: Jon, THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Guest twsimfan

Dan,If you are having download problems you should bring it up on the Library Forum:http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=119Or you can send mail to the library folks. This is from the top of the main Library page:Your library managers are Rick Rossner, Mark Roberts, James Webb, Clint Wade and Robert Jubb.If you have questions regarding uploads you have made or the updating of the library, please email them at library@avsim.com.Hope this helps.

Guest Dann

Tom, outstanding...though it looks like it is my desktop in particular, I will email them and see if they're familiar with it.Thanks, Dan

Those of us who hide behind firewalls have had some problems uploading images and this may be related. Unless you get the answer real soon, please try to disable the firewall before you try to download from Avsim. (And, make sure you enable it again before you expose your PC to the rogue world of hackers, intrusion and deceit ;-))I've never had any problems downloading though and I'll use this opportunity to commend Avsim on its fast server. I download files at a rate of 70 kbs here, compared to 10 kbs from the "other" flightsim site.Hans Petter

Guest Dann

Hans, I was in contact with Rick Rossner from Avsim, and he recommended the firewall issue...the problem is I don't use one. Still on old fashioned dialup, here...He has no idea what the problem is. A mystery, it seems.Thanks for your advise, though, nice to see you guys taking an interest in my problem; I could use the help on this one.Dan

Even if you don't have a firewall in the original sense (networked office computers served by a central unit that monitors, filters and blocks internet requests) you may still have one. Most of us have a firewall on our PC these days, whether we're hooked up to the internet through an analog modem, cable or DSL. My Norton Internet Security sets up a firewall on my PC, ZoneAlarm is another option etc.I'm just a bit puzzled since you you seem to imply that an old-fashioneddialup precludes a firewall.Hans Petter

Guest Dann

Hans, I have no firewall software, I do not let Norton's run without my permission. I have had this installation of XP for nearly a year, and the download problem occured sometime around Avsim's upgrade, hence my suspicion about a setting causing an incompatability.Thanks for getting back to me...oh, the reasoning behind the dialup not having a firewall: it can, sure. But, unlike a 24/7 cable or DSL connection, dialup assigns a different IP address each time it is used, making it far more difficult to hack into the computer (as opposed to a static IP, where once the number is learned, it is accessible until the IP is changed). That is simplistic, no doubt, but the gist of what I was saying.Dan

Dann,Are you positive that you are not running the Windows XP firewall ?Go to START, and then CONTROL PANEL.Click on NETWORK AND INTERNET CONNECTIONS.Click on NETWORK CONNECTIONS.Right click on the icon that connects you to the internet (this is BT Connect for me....at work), and select PROPERTIES.Go to the ADVANCED menu.You should now be able to see if the Windows XP firewall is active or not. If there is a blue tick in the box.....REMOVE IT !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png