Sign in to follow this  
Guest andy9164

UK Scenery Add Ons

Guest andy9164

It appears that I am posting a lot, but unfortunately cannot keep up with you "techy types". I loaded the basic UK scenery last night and would now like to add the add-ons, but where do you start? The add ons I have found on the site so far are:Gatwick AIHeathrow AIHeathrow 3Stanstead AIStanstead 1Gatwick elevationGatwick 2Gatwick 1LundyUK Airport 2 packPlease could you tell me what the complete list is and what order (if any) should I load them in.Honest....this will be my last post for now and I will leave you alone to keep developing.ThanksAndy9164

Guest glidernut

This is what I hav installed so fare, starting at the top and ending at the botom.It is important to install all of them and in this order.gtw1.zipgtwelev.zipheathrow_ai.zipgtw2.zipLundy.zipgatwick_ai.zipstd1.zipatansted_ai.zipthe_solent.zipuk.airports_2-pack..zipukpack1.zipDont stop posting, it gets lonly up hear.glidernut.:-wave

Guest andy9164

Thanks Glidernut.....again.Just off topic, did you see the response to my concorde post.looks like you might have to come down and give that "punch" if I get concorde before get the glider.Andy

Guest andy9164

Glidernut,More help please.So far so good. Installed all packages up to and including UK.airports_2 pack.zip.Only one to go and that where I hit the problem.When I open UKpack1.zip, there are several text files an lots of other files. The various text files give install instructions for individual airports etc. but what files go where please.Even saw the yacht race off the needles last night.Will be posting some screenshots soon.Andy9164

Guest glidernut

Andy, Yes thats a real big complicated one.Treet eech folder in the "UKpack1.zip" as a separat instalation, with its owninstalation instructions.But Im clever, it only took me three weeks to install the UKpack1.zip.The "FixMip folder" contanes a program for makeing models, you dont hav toinstall that, just put it to one side until you want to hav a go at makeingyour own models.The "Village folder" Im not shoower what to do with that my self yet.It has fils that dont bilong where its teling me to put them?And all the loos .jpg fils, I dont know what to do with them ither.glidernut.:-wave

WEll spoken glidernut.I agree that some of the addons is confusing.The list of installations that glidernut was posting is almost correct.It will work, but if you are planning to do a nav.flight in this region you still have to install the"UK-airports-2pack" as the lastpackage.Otherwise the atc will block out both plymouth and southampton from the ATC.menu when you press the Spacebar button.Best regards.Lars Peter.

Guest R_Driscoll

I'm the author of the "confusing" package! Sorry about that. I don't mean them to be confusing ...I hope this is clearer: Installation (Village pack only): Copy the contents of VillageGEN to the folder: regionsUK-SouthGENThis is MIP and BIN files only.The files in the main Village directory (including GIFs) were left there by accident and are not used. In effect, they are the source code for the MIP images. You can delete them.Glidernut is correct in saying that this upload is a set of installations.The loose JPG files are just for admiring! They are not a part of any package, but are copies of the JPG's I used in AVSIM messages. That's why they have no instructions.The package is more complex than most because it is really several packages, and because it includes night-lit models. If anyone is having trouble installing, let me know on the forum or email me directly and I can try and help.Again, sorry for not making installation easier!RobD.

Guest glidernut

RobD,I got the village models installed OK now.It was eassier wunce I had read the instructions.But then thats what instructions are for,for finding out where one went rong.Anyway now we hav several models that hav never eeven been used bifor.But insted of waxing lirical about all thees wunderful new models we hav toplay with since the intriduction of Robert Driscoll,s "Fixmip", there is a douwn-side to all of this,The douwn-side being that us leser mortals now hav no exquce for not doingsum packages.Just imagen what it would be like if every one that had the UK-South did just one package."WOUW!!"glidernut.:-wave

Guest andy9164

All is installed Ok and installed UK 2 pack last as you say.Whenever I press spacebar, only option i get is freq 119.2 which I believe is Southampton. Am i missing something. Should i be able to get "Vectors direct" or vectors ILS etc. to all aiports listed.ThanksAndy

Andy.Start up FU3, and look carefully at the map.If there is more than one airport that begin with the name "London"the atc women will be confused and not listing many airports for you.What I did, was going into "fled" and rename the fbo.names of thecontrolled airports so that the airport map looks like this:London City = London City Gatwick = Gatwick London Stansted = StanstedLondon Heathrow airport = Heathrow airportInt.Southampton = int.Southampton Plymouth = Plymouth Then the atc.will list up all available airports for the region whenyou ask for vectors direct or other types of nav.flights.If you are unfamiliar with the fled program, I could send you themodified airports by mail.Hope this helps.Lars Peter.

Wouldn't it be easier to just call Southampton airport.......Southampton ? Why do you want the "int." bit at the front ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The name "southampton" does not work.I tried using that name, but this also clashed the ATC. menu.I did more testing with several options before the release of the packages, and ended up with "int.Southampton". This did work without changing the airportname too much.Best regards.Lars Peter.

Guest andy9164

Lars Peter,Thanks for the advice. In fact I was just cleaning out some FU3 files I have downloaded recently, rather a lot, and found a file you sent me earlier called UK-New. In the readme it talks about the London naming, so I will install these tonight and let you know. Dont know if this included Southampton but if not I will change to int.Southampton.ThanksAndy

Guest andy9164

Hi Lars peter,Oh.....now i am in trouble.I installed the above package as per your instruction and have some problems.1) When I fly from Gatwick as I confirm takeoff clearance my FU3 closes completely.2) I do not see any airport listed on the communicator. i get, Blimp, Main terminal, ramp, 119.2, and some others. Any ideas, can you help please.thanksAndy