Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

Who put them rocks there?

Guest jonpoint

Er, I think you did!They look kinda bluey-grey though, was it raining? And I thought you could have at least knocked ONE over. I'm getting sick of only breaking the plane. A few nights ago I got off-line on approach to Ranger in the Dash8. I must've hit 20 trees but I didn't break one. It must be the forest where the plastic Christmas trees come from!?Actually, jokes aside, GREAT JOB, Rob :-beerchugAnother joke, sorry; Another anagram of 'Flight Unlimited' - Glum filth in diet!I hope you're eating well... :-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest glidernut

Iv just been to hav a look at Stonehenge thinking you might havsneeked in a hole package without me knowing.You havant, but you might hav dun.We know all the easter-egs in Seattle & Sanfran but the UK-Southis constantly being updated and full of serprizes.Stonehenge, yes it looks good to me.Theres a car park on the other side of the road, you could put sum cars there, or even a coche like the one jon Pointhas just giv us. He calls it a gas powered bus, but it looks mor like a coche to me.I dont think a midland red bus would go that far out into the cuntryside.20 yers ago it was just a dert lay-by formed by the number of carspuling off the road and wearing away the vegitation.But its probably a tarmaced car park now with a mobile hot dog stand.And I think thy hav put up a fence along the Stonehenge side of the road.The same sort of fence as yours, the one you can see throo.glidernut.:-wave

Guest twsimfan

Rob,I went to Stonehenge in 1975 a week before I came back to the States for a month to get married. That looks like one fine add-on for this here sim. :) Don't tell John but they had a hotdog stand even back in '75... but the mustard was deadly! :-eek The funny part was that a couple of weeks later my then new wife & I were driving from Archer Idaho... where we got hitched... to Tacoma Washington where my family lives. We had a rented Duster... and were driving along the North side (Washington side) of the Columbia river toward Vancover. I suddenly locked up my brakes... Rhonda was horrified... "Whats wrong?". I told her "You ain't gonna believe this". I turned around and went back about a mile and off onto a dirt road toward the river... right by the side of the river was a full sized model of Stonehenge... only in "brandnew, mint" condition. Really. There was a sign saying who had built it and why... but too long ago. But it is there.

Guest R_Driscoll

Tom, as I said, its a preview only. I haven't made the mustard yet.Jon - I'm glad you think the stones are blue - they're called bluestones! But as you said, it does depend on the weather! Most SHenge shots are at sunset, and the rocks are "golden". But noon shots look grey I think. But I've never been there, just an ignorant Aussie, so what would I know ...John - I might use Jon's fence then - if he doesn't mind. Its more agricultural. I have a photo with red buses, so I have put red buses here. You can see one on the far road in my upload picture!And what's on advertised on the sides of the buses? (yes, OK, Lion King on the back. That's not it. You must have seen it and you're trying to get me upset. IT WON'T WORK!!!!! I NEVER GET UPSET!!!!!! Arrghhhhhhhh!)OK, its alright, I've taken my medicine. Of course its a Mazda 323 advertised on one side, and my next big project on the other.Now figure that one out. Ha. }( Regards,RobD.

John,You're right, it is a proper car park now. At the Stonehenge end of the car park, there is a ticket kiosk (and maybe even somewhere to buy food.......I can't remember). From there, visitors walk through a tunnel to the other side of the road. Stonehenge itself is encircled by a path. I visited the place in 2001, so that is fairly recent.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png