Sign in to follow this  

Max Unicom, ATIS, GC, ATC Freq. exceeded?

Hi, All!I am wondering if my problems with the Sanfran, Seattle, and OT airports stem from the number of airports using radio frequencies. I have already modified the FBO frequencies in all OT, Seattle, and Sanfran regions so that no ATC, GC or ATIS frequencies are duplicated; however, I do note that a large number of small airports use the same UNICOM Freq. I have modified a number of these so that approximately 9 airports, total share a single UNICOM Frequency...I even changed a few to numbers like UNICOM 123.125 . I still cannot load SF or fly into the SF region from Seattle or OT without the dreaded CTD. Also, when flying with Seattle region loaded, a great number of the Sanfran area airports do not show up in the satelite map (Exception: SFO shown as a private airstrip with no radio...)Any ideas? Fly First...Play Later...--Noel

Many uncontrolled airports can use the same frequency. There will be no errors, but more airports use the same freq, more unicom is crowded - you may not be able to say anything.B.Adamski

Noel,An interesting theory. I originally added UNICOM frequencies to quite a few of the small airfields in the SanFran region. It was probably around this time that I experienced occasional lock-ups during AI startup. However, all of these extra frequencies were making a mess of the Traffic Advisory and IFR Destination lists. In short, some of the airports on these lists were missing !I solved this problem by eliminating the majority of the added UNICOM frequencies, and I thought no more about it. However, since I have not suffered from the AI startup "freeze" problem since, it is quite possible that this problem really is caused by having too many airports with frequencies. The question is, "is it just too many UNICOM frequencies that cause the problem, or would it happen if there were too many tower controlled airports also ?".Like I said, I don't have a problem anymore, so my setup must be OK.Chris Low,ENGLAND.PS. I still haven't had any responses regarding Seattle 2003 and SanFran 2003 (see the SANTA ROSA thread). I have asked everyone if they would like me to upload these packs, which would include all of the dozens of tweaks and upgrades that I have made to numerous airports since I released Seattle 2002 and SanFran 2002. So far, nobody has responded. Does that mean that nobody is interested, or that they just haven't replied yet ? :(

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest juvat2

"Also, when flying with Seattle region loaded, a great number of the Sanfran area airports do not show up in the satelite map (Exception: SFO shown as a private airstrip with no radio...)"Hi Noel,You'll need to select the Sanfran region from the Airport/Region screen to be able to view the Hi-res SF map showing all the hires SF installed airport, poi's, radial dials,etc.As for your crashes, I can't remember if you posted you had already tried the following...check your region/seattle/airports and make sure theres not an sjc folder. If its there, move it to region/san fran/airports or delete it. That airport is a San Fran region airport.Jim B.

Guest juvat2

Hi Chris,I posted my response to your '2003 package in the Santa Rosa thread. I was being a lazy reader that day or night when I first saw the post and never responded to it-till now.Take care,Jim B.

Guest ChrisD

ChrisLowThe missing responses may be due to the fact that Your idea is buried 3 posts down in a topic. I have used the better part of 5 minutes poking around just to find Your post. (I knew that I have seen it, but couldn't remember which topic.)Suggest You make a new topic about this Issue.I think the idea of releasing a 2003 package is a splendid one :)Chris

I figured that I'd voted for it already since I was the first to ask when it would be available. Please upload it as soon as it's finished! :-)Hans Petter

Hans,It will never be "finished" :-) I am always tweaking certain aspects of these airports, with the AI taxigraph and taxiway centrelines being the most frequent. I suppose that I should really have a good look at all of the airports, but that would be a time consuming task......not recommended when you just want to FLY !I will sort out everything that needs to be added to these packs in the next few days, and then upload them. It will be nice to just have two complete packages in the FU3 file library again. I hate having multiple add-ons scattered all over the place :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

>As for your crashes, I can't remember if you posted you had>already tried the following...check your>region/seattle/airports and make sure theres not an sjc>folder. If its there, move it to region/san fran/airports or>delete it. That airport is a San Fran region airport.>>Jim B.>> You may have hit on something, Jim. But if the problem lies with SJC, would it not also be the same for SFO, SAC, and the like? To continue along the same line of thought, how would one plot a flight plan using the mods that "...guide you to the outer terrain...fill a flight plan from SEA to SFO..."? Fly First...Play Later...--Noel

Guest juvat2

Hi Noel,I think for right now we haven't figured a way to file flight plans between the hi-res regions. Flight plans can be created,saved,flown from outter terrain to hi-res. Here's how I do it. I want to fly from Lax to Olympia in the Seattle Hi-res. I have practically every available package installed for hi-res Sea and the outter terrain. Avsims library and Franks Hanger are the sources for the packages I've installed.Start Fu3, options-set fuel qauntity, select airports, regions, Seattle to ensure the Sea-hires is loaded. Escape back to the main screen, select quick flts. In that screen select the aircraft, weather file(With Weather Unlimited, you can create your own weather files and place the weather system anywhere you like. Use the co-ords for Los Angeles to be able to see clouds/ weather system when your flight first begins), and starting location. When selecting starting location, you'll need to zoom out to see the outter terrain airports. Select Lax/ parking ramp. Escape back to the mainscreen. Select airports, create flt plan. Now you'll see the Sea hi-res map pop up. Look at your note-pad and you'll see your starting location is Lax. Click on the Olm icon and you'll see it on the pad as your destination. At this point you can save this flight plan. When you begin flight, you'll be in Lax parking ramp.One more tid-bit about the weather. In your flt3.cfg, set default weather to use your favorite weather file, that way when you arrive in Seattle hires, the weather file should load.I hope this works for you Noel. It does for me.Good luck and Take care, Jim B.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/4333.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/4331.jpg

Hi, Jim!Thanks for the idea!!! I will try this. I still cannot load SF or fly into the SF region from Seattle or OT without the dreaded CTD. I load FUIII and select the Sanfran region from FBO, select "Satelite" view, and..."Flight3.exe has caused an invalid page fault in Flight3.exe..." This leads me to believe that some airport token is being displayed that either should not be; or there is one that is being referenced that does not exist. My first full install of FUIII with full OT and Sanfran scenery was fine, and I made an archived copy of the entire Flight3 folder.My first mod was to take the entire OT folder with the megatiles I generated from previous Flight3 install with corrected airport layouts and model placement from another of my archives. My second mod was to copy PLNPILES so that I could fly the 747 among others. Somewhere in this process, I lost access to Sanfran. Even in FLED, under the Sanfran Region, the airports referencing "baron" and "F-22" parking spots cause problems. The only way to fix this was to rename the parking spots...but this does not fix the main problem of not being able to access Sanfran from the game.I have even tried restoring all the folders from my archived install into the Flight3 Folder with no success. I can still fly about the Seattle and OT region with no problems; but forget flying anywhere near the Sanfran region where the game then asks, "Do you want to load the Hi-Res scenery for San Francisco?"...or starting with the Sanfran Region loaded--CTD/Lockup during AI initialization (5%), big time! Fly First...Play Later...--Noel

Guest juvat2

Noel,Sounds to me your missing one or more of the San Fran map files. Look in your program filesflight3cdromsanfranmaps. It should be 606MB. I only say this because I had a somewhat similiar problem at one time. It turns out some of the map files hadn't installed. I copy/pasted each one at a time, and that fixed my problem with cdt and/or freezes. I still get the AI route lock, but that I live with, to be able to have "life" in my o/t airways.Do you have Flight Unlimited 2 installed stand-alone? How does it run?Jim B.Oh yes, you said you had copied your generated o/t from one fu3 to the other? I had tried that and that caused pure h*** with fu3 going and coming between either hi-res and o/t. I ended up doing a full re-install and re-generated.Take care, Jim B.

Guest ChrisD

Noel said:can still fly about the Seattle and OT region with no problems; but forget flying anywhere near the Sanfran region where the game then asks, "Do you want to load the Hi-Res scenery for San Francisco?"...or starting with the Sanfran Region loaded--CTD/Lockup during AI initialization (5%), big time! ....I got the problem the other way around, flying from SF to SEA. When I came in the vicinity of Seattle the game asked "Do You want to load Seattle Hi res Scenery", but before I could do anything the thing just CTD.. Game over...Figure I too have to check up on my installed files..Does someone have a clean install of SF and SEA with OT generated, that works, and would You make a dir/s list for me? I figure Noel could do with one too?Such a list will not take up much space zipped, but would make checking out our installs a lot easier. (Checking for missing files without such a file-list seems impossible to me).Happy Flying.:)Chris

Hello, Jim!As a matter of fact, I just wiped out and reinstalled FUIII with the San Francisco and full OT scenery...I have not generated the megatiles for the OT, yet. I did try to copy one of the OT airports, models folder, beacons.fld into the fresh OT directory with the same old CTD when loading SanFran. I restored the original files and was at least able to get back into the game. The second mod was to transfer a couple of the add-on planes into the PLNPILE. I managed to get taxi clearance to runway 28R, SFO and then requested takeoff clearance, runway 28R...Tower was about to respond...and WHAMMO...WINDOWS back in my face. I am back in MS-Oblivion. Yes, the CDROMSanfranMaps folder is indeed 606MB. OK...No, I do not have FUII installed standalone. I have no doubt it would work. This FUII version was from "Sold-Out" in UK. It comes with all the patches and all documentation is in Adobe

Hello, Chris!Sorry I took so long to reply. I think I would like to try your Seattle and Sanfran mods. However, it sounds like several "other" airport FBO's would have to be modified to allow for a smooth flight. I already know that the radio frequencies in several of the uploaded OT packages clash with those within the Seatle and San Francisco regions. In fact, my own airport...BOI requires a couple of changes to "shipped" models and radio frequencies within the Seattle region. I am still trying to figure out how I can make a 'corrected' BOI/Gowen Field package to upload that allows the airport's true-to-life radio frequencies, ILS runway 10R, and correct model placement without creating problems for the rest of the game. I designed the BOI airport down to the minute details, but this and all my other OT mods only worked with the Seattle region. San Francisco...not a chance! If you would like, I could send you my BOI folder. Keep in mind, however, that you will have to edit the BOI airport models with no packages loaded and change the orientation of the Localizer, inner, middle, outer beacons and "shipped" models to match the taxigraph, lights, and lines.Fly First...Play Later...--Noel