Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Seattle 2003 and SanFran 2003

I have just uploaded Seattle 2003 and SanFran 2003 to the AVSIM FU3 file library. They should be available for download within the next 24 hours. These are now the only two Chris Low packages available. The others have been removed so that some of the old guys here don't get confused :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Splendid! I'll get it as soon as I get home (being away at the moment). You may expect some feedback soon :-)Hans Petter

Guest nhill

Thanks Chris. This quick note just to let you know that your work is appreciated. Note: my mom (and most of my family) live near Santa Rosa and I live just north of Seattle so FU2/3 has been great for me.

Guest Ansgar

Thank you Chris,as soon as I have some time I will download and install it also. A very good idea to remove "splitters" and upload a complete big package! This sure helps newbies a lot to save trouble, downloads and confusing installation routines.I love your packages as they are handling the "big lady" perfect and because they are very detailed and well researched.Continue the good work (may be also to help filling UK south) ;-)Best regardsAnsgarP.S.:The last day

That's excellent news Ansgar.......almost as exciting as the recent news regarding Half Life 2 ! ;-) Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I've just installed the Seattle 2003 package. Everything works except for the packages (literally speaking). Once I click the airport icon to access the map view I get a map all right but the icons don't load. After a few seconds it crashes to desktop. Without the packages installed everything works fine and I get the improved taxigraph. The strange thing is that I tried the CL Seattle packages only, with no SanFran or other packages that might be expected to interfere. I guess it must be my outer terrain wreaking havoc here. What we (well, half of us) need is a set of packages that works with the OT. I've been using the latest packages by Hennie van Royen that reduce the number of displayed icons. Bottom line, I'll have to cull some packages to make this work.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest jonpoint

'Old'?Now, come on there, whippersnapper! 41 last Friday ain't old. Well, not if you ask me - just don't ask my daughter :-lolI've got 'em but I haven't installed them yet as my 'full' FU3 has OT and my other one's just for UK. Maybe I'll end-up with 3 (Full with OT, Seattle and Sanfran, Seattle and Sanfran only and UK only)??Too many choices, not enough time :-hahEither way, thankyou for contributing to our wonderful sim :-)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Hans,Yes, it seems that the outer terrain scenery does indeed cause some problems for users of my packages. I changed some frequencies at Davis Woodland Winters and Jefferson County (the upgraded tower controlled versions) so that they don't conflict with some outer terrain airports (I think that Grand Canyon is one of those), but it seems that there are just too many new airfields in the Seattle area ! My suggestion would be (as before) to install each of the extra Seattle airfields one at a time, until you reach your limit. Then you would probably have to choose which ones to discard. If I was going to suggest any to remove, then they are as follows:-PACEMAKER LZ.....I forgot to include instructions regarding the removal of the old "extra" airport that sits in exactly the same position as this one !FLYING H RANCH.....This is located in an area of lower terrain resolution.AUBURN ACADEMY.....There is a rather large "bump" at one end of the runway !I am also wondering if the presence of all those "extra" airports is another reason why my packages cause problems for others. I have removed all of the folders relating to these airfields in my FLIGHT3/REGIONS/SEATTLE/AIRPORTS folder. I cannot guarantee that it will work, but it's an idea.Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I deleted the packages that you suggested and tried again. This time I got the icons on the map but the sim crashed as I selected an airport. I then deleted three or four more and that worked. Since other simmers might have to delete more than three airports it might be an idea to list 5 - 10 of the fictitious ones. There's another minor problem with the AI. As the flight loads the counter stops and I have to hit "escape" to continue. Moreover, I get a window with an error message showing for a few seconds, saying something like "Expected to find number so and so -- Found number so and so".Then the flight loads and everything's fine. This might be some OT AI plan being referenced somewhere. I may try my old AI plan and see how that goes.best regards,Hans Petter

Hans,Once again this is almost certainly a problem associated with the presence of outer terrain scenery. The Seattle 2003 and SanFran 2003 packs are EXACTLY the same as the ones that I use, so there isn't a problem with the packs themselves. I never have a problem with freezes during AI startup, although I have had them in the past (probably when I added UNICOM frequencies to quite a few small airfields in the SanFran region). These were mostly removed because of problems with the Traffic Advisory and IFR Destination lists, and I have not had a problem since.By the way, I tweaked taxiway Bravo at Tacoma Narrows last night. I told you that these packs would never be finished ! ;-) Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi!Everyone has their own addons and different install options with orwithout outer terr.This problems with ai-loading stops is almost always coused by one or more tower controlled airport in outer terrain.One or more freq. is clashing with an SF.or SEA. airport.This can kick both ways loading a flight from both regions.If you know what airport that is the guilty package, you can go into "fled" and see what other airport has the same freq.and change it.This can take some time because you have to do this-using fled from both regions,but if you want to save the package it it worth doing it.I have for the moment installed FU3 without outer terr.I also had to remove 2 or 3 of the SEA.2003-SF.2003.packages.I think this is because I have a rare mix of both Chris,Bogdan, andother released packages working together in both regions.All in all, I think this last release of packages Chris has given us is one of the best for both regions.That mean that if you do not have it yet.GO and get it!!Thank'sLars Peter. :-wave

I just put my old AI plan and airspace.txt back and got rid of the "AI freeze" as the flight loads. The window with the error message didn't pop up either. So, what I would suggest for other simmers with the outer terrain installed is to cull a sufficient number of airports and keep your previous AI plan.I've tried Chris' Seattle pack only and may run into similar problems when I install the SanFran packages. Will the two regions' packages combine in raising the total airport number beyond the acceptable limit?As it stands I've got two FU3 installations, one with Seattle, SanFran and OT and one with UK south only and no OT. I might copy the UK south version and set it up as a Seattle version sans OT but would it be possible to add SanFran? I might want to set up a third FU3 installation--Seattle, SanFran and no OT in order to install all of Chris' creations.I noticed that my favorite Coupeville Nolf has been changed drastically. Buildings as well as the taxiway layout are totally different. The previous package by Hennie placed a large terminal building next to the runway and a flight started out with the aircraft parked right next to a helicopter. With Ansgar's new Baron as a reference that heli looked a bit "long in the tooth". The FU3 aircraft as well as the models have really evolved lately. Anyway, my question is, is Chris' take on the various real airports based on the real layout or are they fictitious?best regards,Hans Petter

Hans.I have like you noticed several surprises with the packages.I was on final at First air field and found a tree planted in the middle of the runway.The way to do it -Use fled and make options for your packages.You can delete or make options for your own taste.Just be sure to add the line "I WORK HERE" in the FU3cfg.file.You already done with that I'm sure.Best regards.Lars Peter.:)

I just checked but I couldn't spot any misplaced tree. My Firstair Field has an unobstructed runway except that there's a grove of trees quite close to the western end. I might chop down a few of those :-)Hans Petter