Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

Stonehenge

Guest R_Driscoll

I uploaded a package for Stonehenge a few minutes ago - it should be in the library in time for the weekend. About this package:o it has lots of rockso I have put a little temporary airport icon which you can choose to install, to allow easy access to Stonehenge. READ the INSTRUCTIONS!o tourists disappearo do not visit at night :-eek Also I have made further small modifications to FixMip, so have put the latest version in there.Just so that people know where I am going, my current plans are:o Waterloo, I want to meet it.o GEX (no relation to Rex) - see side of bus for details.(Thanks for the choo choo file glidernut!)If this conflicts with anyone else's construction plans, let me know and I will move.:-) If anyone wants specific things built, or help with building, I am happy to try and help.RobD.

Rob.Congrats with another fine UK-addon.many details and this is a good place to go for sightseeing by air.I made a flight from southampton as recommended in the instructios,and the flight time out to stonehenge was 8 min. with the Mooneycruising at 3000 ft. and with good speed.Thank you again.Keep up the good work.Lars Peter.

Guest glidernut

Ye, I second what Lars Peter ses.Stonehenge is yet another fine UK-addon by Robert Driscoll.Has anyone els spoted that the big sercal that the stones are stood on is a model as well?It blends in so well that I only notest it when the weels on my stemmisank in a little bit.As for folowing the recommended instructios, naa! I got my owne way ofdoing things.I thorght I would land right in the midel of the stones for a snap-shot.I got a speshal way of doing this.First of all I fly very low and slow directly over the stones, and thenwhen Im directly over the midel of the stones I pres the (Page Down) key.But even thow there was room to be there, I cept being tost out ?There is sumthing there in the midel of the stones that can only be seenat night!I dont know what it is ? but it lights up all the stones at night.Perhaps its a camp fier lit by them druids ?If ever there was a weerd bunch of nuters, its them druids.Thank you RobD, its always a dilight exploring your creations.glidernut.:-wave

Guest Ansgar

Hello Robert,I just checked your nice package, and it

Guest R_Driscoll

Absolutely delightful replies from you guys again! Thankyou very much.Glidernut, you always seem to want to break the limits on my poor packages. You're not meant to try and land planes in the middle of the stones! Anyway, you're right, there's something there you can only see at night.Ansgar, when are you going to get the elevation installed? You're missing half the fun! But I suppose you are busy making AI space shuttles or teaching everyone how to make planes and models :-) And Lars, glad you enjoyed it. You are correct in wanting to fly there properly. You should have a word to glidernut about responsible flying. :-) TECHNICAL STUFF:The stones are placed as accurately as I could - i.e. the upright stones should be in the right places, and lintels I think are accurate. But I have reused textures a lot, so that there are only a few different stones - otherwise I would have needed stacks of MIP files. I didn't have good pictures for all of them anyway. I haven't tried to model the fallen stones at all. The tourists are cardboard cutouts - maybe that could be improved one day. And Jon's bus goes backwards - I should have kept it as a static model. The trees are placed correctly - based on a wide range older photo. The yellow base around the stones is not always there - I don't know if its there nowadays, as it only appears in occasional photos, normally the base is grass.As usual suggestions for improvements are welcome and acted on.RobD.