Sign in to follow this  
Guest andy9164

Airport Diagrams and ATC Frequencies

Guest andy9164

Does anybody know if there is a document showing Airport diagrams and ATC frequencies / beacons / ILS for each UK airport or is anybody currently producing one. I have the the ones for San Fran (FU2) and Seattle (FU3).The reason I ask is that I want to contribute to this great UK "add on" but currently do not have the skill to build models (although I did build my first imaginary airport last night using other peoples runways and buildings). I would liketo put together a document, similar to the San Fran and Seattle documents previously made, but covering the UK airports.Please let me know if you think this is needed, if it would be useful and if you know if anybody else is doing the same.I suggest we start with the Main airports that are included in the new add on packages, Stanstead, Heathrow, London City, Gatwick, Southampton, Plymouth and then move on to the others.Let me know and then I will post another message to gather the information if we think it is worth doing.Andy

Guest andy9164

Just another thought after reading some of the posts.How about a list is kept of who is developing what add ons. That way people do not duplicate other peoples work, clash with frequencies etc. I can see a point as there is so much work going on that we could end up with airports using the same frequencies, 2 people developing the same airports / scenery etc.etc.Again, I am quite prepared to keep all the information and publish on a regular basis in the forum.Andy

Guest R_Driscoll

I agree, Andy. I think a document listing and detailing airports, maybe with Rob's approach charts, would be very valuable. I keep a list of Seattle airport details next to me when I fly, and a similar document for UK would be great!It would be more difficult to keep a list of who's working on what. I agree it would reduce problems with frequency clashes etc but I think a lot of people would not want to say what they are working on - for the "surprise" element (its nice to say: Surprise: here's the complete city and detailed airports of Liverpool!), or maybe "shyness" of declaring publicly that one is working on a big project which may come to nothing. So I guess its nice if people tell us what they are developing, and most do, but it might limit people a bit. That's my comments.My own list:o Waterloo!! (and Eurostar, Gatwick Express trains)o Sky Harbour (OK, its not UK but I want to redevelop it - I think we have made so much progress in models that its time I redid this old one. And eventually Grays Airforce/Army Base, McChord AAF again as well - those are my "masterpieces" for Seattle)o Area around London Bridge - inc. rescale bridge a bit. I recently discovered there is a 5% scaling error in UK-South - early models I built were all 5% too small since 1 metre is approx 1.05 m in the scenery. o Adding night lighting and lights to older models.So now there's no surprises! Whichever you do Andy, good luck with your work and I look forward to seeing what comes out of it! RobD.But