Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quaxo

UK questions... ?!?

Guest Quaxo

Hello folks,I haven't been posting here for some time now - I currently have a rather busy "real life"... I tried to catch on with the latest UK downloads though, :-) but I have a couple of questions...1) The ATC still doesn't have the correct airports listings. When I ask for "vectors direct", the available options are: "Main terminal", "London Heathrow", "119.2", "base", and "118.5". That doesn't make much sense... "Vectors direct to main terminal"?!?I have already renamed the FBO's from "London Stansted" to "Stansted" and so on... So what? Is there a known fix?2) At Southampton, the runway seems to be wrong... The runway is marked as "08R/26L", but this is incorrect...Have I done something wrong in my hurry, or is this happening to everyone?Cristian

Hello.About the ATC I do not know any easy fix for it.The soundgroups for the atc is not big enough for all controlledairports.Something stange must have happend to your Southampton airport.On my computer it still is the RW.23 and 05.You can try to reinstall the southampton airport from the "UK-airports-2pack".This should not effect your modified ATC.list.Lars Peter.

Guest andy9164

Are we talking about the runway markings?I see 26L at Southampton on the runway.Lars, do you see 23 maybe somehow the files in the library have got mixed up.Andy

Guest Quaxo

Hi Lars,Thanks for your answer... I tried reinstalling Southampton, but I still get the wrong runway (see picture). I have also some problems with some of the trees (see other picture)... I wonder why this is happening? The other tree models are just fine...Cristian

Cristian.This seems to be some models missing in the UK-southgen.folder.If you go into fled, the runway model used has the name "run23".Is this model missing in your gen. folder??or do you have a RW. with the same modelname??I did some tests and on my pc it is intact.See screenshot below.Lars Peter.

Guest andy9164

Lars Peter,As I am seeing the same problem I did a quick check myself.I have Run23 in my gen. I opened FLED and went to Southampton. Clicking on the runway shows it as Run23 in the objects window, but the runway is marked 26 and 08. See attached screenshot.Andy

Hmm,-very strange.I did some more tests.I copied the entire UK-genfolder from the "update3"cd back to uk-region just to see if there was any differense.There was not. My rw.23 is still rw23.If you have downloaded more models recently for the genfolder, I suggest that you reinstall the original gen folder from the UK-cd."update3".This contain the original "run23" model.Hope this helps.Lars Peter.

Guest glidernut

I am also seeing the same problem, I also did a quick check.I have Run23 in my Southampton FLED objects window, but the runway is marked 26 and 08 on the ground.The trees are perfectly normal, all be it not very life like.But thay was amung the very ferst models ever to be dun for FU3.Thay were dun by Captin Bazza way back in the erly yers.He did 2 vershons, see a snap-shot of them in a Seattle package.Thay may or may not hav had there palet changed for the UK-South.glidernut

Guest R_Driscoll

I might be the culprit, if my recent airports upgrade has accidentally overwritten some of Lars work on Southampton. Ulp! I will check when I get home. If that's the case, then reinstalling Southampton should fix it.But if reinstalling doesn't work, then the problem is worse - it means someone (Lars? - package author) has repainted my original mips with new numbers, but not changed the mip names. As a result on reinstalling Gatwick, you will have overwritten the modified mips. This should be brought to Lars (package author) attention, and is very easily fixed. The odd thing is it means that before reinstalling Gatwick, the Gatwick numbers would have been wrong!This sounds more complicated than it is. I made the original MIPs, Lars modified them for his airport but may not have renamed the MIPs, so that on installing Southampton, my original MIPs were overwritten. Then I released my upgrade, undoing Lars work!As to the trees (Bazza's models) - they have NO palette. A lot of Bazza's models used solid colours (RGB colours), not texture colours (which require MIPs), and so can be transferred between regions without conversion. But the downside is that they do not "fog" correctly, i.e. they appear dark in foggy weather, and do not look as realistic.RobD.

Well, If I have overwritten some files, it is a mystery.I have not made any models, and not using any of the fixmip tools.I did some more testing last night.I deletet the entire UK-gen.folder on my pc and reinstalled the original gen.folder fromthe UK-cd.I then downloaded the UK-airports 2pack from the library and reinstalled southampton.The RW.23 was still intact and the trees was like they should be.Is there only me that have the correct RW.23 and the correct trees??The only models used from Capt.Bazza is the Hangar, static plane and tank truck used at Plymouth airport.If anyone can make a fix for it I am happy.There is not supposed to be a RW26 and funny trees at southampton.I was beginning to think I had a different gen.folder on the UK.cd.Take care.Lars Peter.:-wave

Do you all use the same modelmip.tag ? Only from one scenery :the SF or Seattle scenery.B.Adamski

Guest ChrisD

Lars Peter.You are not alone. I have Southamton correct like You. I Just checked.Runways are marked 23 and 05.Maybe because I installed Your help packet ;)Chris

Chris.Well, those helpfiles was just renaming of the fbo.names for the airports and a new airspace.txt.The gen.folder was not changed.To me it looks like there is two sets of UK-cd's on the market with different gen.folders inside, but I am not sure.Maybe some of the model-gurues here can find out.Lars Peter.

Guest R_Driscoll

Lars, I am sure its my fault not yours - I think my last post must have included a variant version of runway 23 that's mixed up other people's version. But for me some bad news - my computer has crashed and I cannot help for the moment. So I have not been able to find out the problem exactly. Put it this way - the problem will go away again soon - I will figure out what is wrong and fix it when I can fix my computer.Why did it crash? Maybe flying too low through the Stonehenge arches, but more likely all this wet English weather playing havoc with the electricals ...RobD.

Rob.Sorry to hear about your computer.I hope you will be up in the air again soon.Look out for powerlines!Lars Peter.:-wave