Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

Waterloo preview

Guest R_Driscoll

Some initial shots of Waterloo station.The red train is the GEX (Gatwick express).The yellow train is the Eurostar.The little steam train is Captn Bazza's.Still working on getting textures square, building heights etc. Comments (esp corrections) appreciated now!Discovered all objects are displayed 5% smaller than actual size. Maybe this is the submodel flag in BSP? This explains shortness of London Bridge. RobD.

Guest jonpoint

Rob,Ah, trains! The red one's cute but the Eurostar had me switching screens to see if it was time for glasses or a flashback from the 70's :-lolOf course, looking at the large snail-like object that Waterloo is, I immediately thought it was a large fossil - only visible from the air ;) But it's probably a flashback...On the weekend I took my lady (ex-Pom) sightseeing up and down the Thames! I flew the Dash8 at ~2kft in 'Chris low' fashion - flaps down at 125kts - and was given a good brush-up on my London geography.Then she wanted to see her home town of Hastings (dunno if it's there?) but, right on time, the weather engine kicked-in and blotted out the landscape! I've found flying IFR is a good way to stop people wanting to look over your shoulder...Thanks for the region guys! Mine's still a bit flaky (crashes to desktop too often) but it sure looks sweet. Anyone done only the latest install (where you don't have to install ALL the old stuff first)? I'm wondering if I've missed something. Doesn't matter where I am and it doesn't freeze at all - just straight to the desktop. I was trying some approach shots of the BE Dash8 (sorry, BE Dash8?) at Gatwick so then I tried Stansted. Then I grabbed a Rennie and headed down south - same problem. Even tried circumnavigating IOW in the Archer. 5 minutes later... :-grrAny help would be appreciated. The same aircraft work fine in my Seattle/Sanfran/Outterr FU3 version BTW. Maybe I'll do a full INSTALLATION (as opposed to copying my existing folders). Just been too lazy/busy with the Dash8/on holidays/short of brain cells :-hahJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

A savage crash like that may be due to missing models. You could load each UK-South package one by one into FLED, zoom in close-up to the package, and see what happens. FLED is better at reporting anything wrong. I suspect this is the problem.But its still early days with UK-South - there are teething problems for all of us. What is remarkable is how far we have got with amateur part-timers and limited resources.Anyway Jon, since we're geographically close, is there some way I could copy my installation and zap it to you? Not the 9 disk bit, but maybe the GEN folder? But try FLED first. You DID install your OWN models of course?RobD.

Guest twsimfan

Rob,Very, very, nice! :) Also great that someone found a way to get more of Barry's (Bazza's) work into FU3. :-lol

Hi Rob,Thank you for Train-Unlimited and Stone-Unlimited all looks very fine. :-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

You're welcome! And agtim, I look forward to the new hangars anda SPITFIRE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RobD