Sign in to follow this  

Sanfran-OT, Seattle-OT...Is it Possible??? + BOI previe...

Hello, all!What OT packages actually work with both the San Francisco and Seattle Regions? I have reconstructed Boise/Gowen Field and have taken a screen shot using the clipboard...But the resulting file is :-doh 5.25 MB SMALL!!!! How would one shrink the file to a reasonable size for inclusion here? Fly First...Play Later...--Noel

"...But the resulting file is :-doh 5.25 MB SMALL!!!! How would one shrink the file to a reasonable size for inclusion here?"OK...I might have figured this out...hope it works!!!:-spacecraft Fly First...Play Later...--Noel

Guest glidernut

Hi Noel,>have taken a screen shot using the clipboard...Ho, no, dont use the clipboard.When flying, presCtrl + Alt + pYou can take as meny as you lick.You will fined the snapshots in your Flight3 Folder named flt3000.bmpflt3001.bmpflt3002.bmpflt3003.bmpand so on and so on.Just open the file with your standard "Paint" program. Then select (save as) and save it in a *.jpg format which will make it a lot smaller inmemory size.I think you can also uplowd jif format,s now as well.If your snapshot is to big or the rong format, you will get an err mesagewhen uplowding it to avsim.It must be no biger than 125Kb try 115It would also be good to reduce its sise to 640x480, With the snapshots on the desk top, redy to go.Right your mesig in the Forum and clik on clik on and browse.Up lode one snapshot at a time. Clos and do not click Preevu just post mesig.glidernut. :-wave

Noel.I second Glidernut's posting.To take screenshots type Ctrl + Alt + p during a flight.This will show up as "bmp". files within the FU3 folder.Your airport looks very promising with a lot of details.I visited some days ago the web.sites of "BOI" and others to see the area around, and if you have the details of buildings for that airportyou will for sure have that size of MB. in your addon.This addon area of outer terrain is wanted, so you have picked up a nice area for a landing or departure for both regions-including other outer terr. airports.Thank's.Lars Peter.

Hello, Lars and Glidernut, :-beerchug I would, indeed and have taken several screen shots from within 'fly' mode. However, Ctrl_Alt_P does not seem to work from within FLED...So this was the best I could come up with. The problem with BOI as I have it here, is that I had to modify frequencies in some of the OT Packages from AVSIM (i.e. PDX, GTF, PHX,LAS, SFO, and so on) and also in a couple of airports within the Seattle Region that shipped with the Game. Further more, I had to move models that shipped with the OT-BOI in order to attain correct orientation and so on (I.E. Runways, Hangers, buildings and Terminals) BTW...TO SELF: I seem to be missing one very key hanger...HMMM must see what I can do!!!:-hah Finally, the new BOI works great as long as SanFran Region is not installed, hence the first part of my question...What OT packages work with both Seattle and Sanfran Regions installed?Fly First...Play Later...--Noel

Noel.To make your package complete with the other addons for the outer terrain, I would recommend that you as a first step install the huge addons by Markus Brunner.He set the new standard for it, with Portland,Las Vegas,Grand Canyonand more airports.This includes also new airspace.txt. for both regions.The sites is at this adress:http://www.geocities.com/in_04/Then you can go on from there to complete BOI.Many other addons is also made for different airports in the area.This should also be tested for integration into the new addon.This seems like a heavy job, and it is.But as people say:Rome was not build in two days!Best regards.Lars Peter. :-beerchug

Hallo, Lars!:-wave As of early 2001, the first time learning of Markus Brunner and his website, I downloaded ALL of his MB002, MB003, MAP, FU3Weather, and studied his breakdown on the terrain imagery development. Most impressive.:-cool No problems! Then, there was the PHX/SLC Fix at the AVSIM library. A few minor problems with model placement and layout. Fixed that. No more problems. Then on to my own BOI which worked out fine with the Seattle Region loaded. But with Sanfran? For all my studying of the file structure and FLED design within FU3, I have yet been unable to determine what causes----> "Translation expected 264, but found 1008---File: entrans.c, line:176" during AI population when Sanfran Region is selected, or when flying into the Sanfran Hi-Res Region (an ENGTRANS.LOG is created which gives debug info...I simply do not know what to do with it. Voice = 3, NumTokens = 4AI Ix = 1RMSG = 1013, intval = 119441392RMSG = 1008, intval = 16619684RMSG = 157, intval = 0RMSG = 1014, intval = 13489360Voice = 1, NumTokens = 4AI Ix = 1RMSG = 1013, intval = 11256012RMSG = 1008, intval = 13421496RMSG = 157, intval = 0RMSG = 1014, intval = 13428224 While it is possible to "ESC" or "TAB-TAB-SPC BAR" to continue on with the flight, one notices a number of AI traffic absent upon reaching "Fly" Mode.;( Furthermore, within FLED, after selecting the Sanfran Region, a large number of the airports within the Sanfran region have taxi-graph errors...any parking spot referencing "Baron" or "F-22" cause this problem. If I change the parking spots to other aircraft SNDGRP types, I simply get a big CTD upon AI population...Again, only with the Sanfran Region loaded. All works fine with the Seattle Region loaded...No taxi-graph nor frequency conflicts. I would really like to upload a complete "No Packages" Bug-Free version of my corrections and addons. Where do I go from here?Regards,Noel

Noel.If you have that sort of failures during loading flights from SF.region, it seems to me that there are files missing from the FU3directory. Maybe something in the region.cfg.file or in the outer terr. itself.May be also some misplaced files, but they can be hard to find.I do not know any easy fix for this, but to be sure I would save the packages, and do a new full install of FU3.This should not be a heavy job, and you can move back your packagesand gen.folders from your backup directory.For my production of the UK-packages I had very kindly people in thisFU3 community who helped with testing the addon on their computers.This might be the best way to complete a huge addon to prevent bugs after the release.If you do not find any volentair beta tester here with outer.terr.installed, I can try to help you.In that case I have to do a full reinstall myself.Anyone here with O.T. installed running without bug's???Just my two cents.Take care.Lars Peter.:-wave

Noel,If you use Jouko Huovinen's AI Enhancement Package, you can get AI Concordes, Blackbirds and F22 Raptors flying around in BOTH high resolution scenery regions without any problems. My Seattle 2003 and SanFran 2003 packs include modified versions of the AIMODEL.DAT file that includes these upgrades......together with one or two other fixes and modifications.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png