Sign in to follow this  

OK...A tiny bit off-topic...

:-mad I H-A-T-E AOL...HATE:-grr < HATE:-grr < HATE:-grr AOL. :-bang GOOD BYE AOL!!!!:-bang my new E-mail is : noelthemechanic@earthlink.netAnybody here know how to change it in the profile?Fly First...Play Later...--Noel

Guest jonpoint

That's OK, Noel...I hate AOL too. If you know how hard it is to remove their '30 day free trial' installation from our computer network you'd understand... :-grrBe kind to GeeBee Jim though - his works (must be the dry, clean air in Tucson!) :-beerchugTry emailing Mr Rossner and buddies at Avsim and they'll sort you out regarding your new address.Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

I wonder how many unused AOL CD's there are in the world ? They seem to be everywhere.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

I've got 15-20 here! At one stage they came with every PC mag you bought :-(Here's my recommendations; 1. Everyone collect and keep their free AOL discs then one day, we all ship them (at the same time) via surface mail back to AOL HQ! It would kill the US postal system and probably cause the US Government to hit AOL for the cost of disposal ;) or,2. As above but on one day, at the same time, we all invoke our trial editions! Again, problems for AOL but at first they would respond, simply thinking it was a good day until the servers fall over at 9AM and they spend the next week trying to restore services back to existing, disgruntled customers ;) ;)Either way, AOL should cop it. That's only fair :-)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Any suggestions for what the "A" really stands for ? :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guess what shiny piece of loveliness was attached to the front of my latest issue of PC Gamer magazine ? Yes, that's right. An AOL Broadband CD. The cardboard sleeve even provides details about how to get started with the installation !Insane or what ? :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

The bu****s!Oh well Chris, add it to the collection...... of millions of CDs to be sent back to AOL. This idea sounds better every day ;)We just need to coordinate a date! What's their CEO's birthday?Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Robert_S

I've got a stack of the things myself. But not all that I've obtained over the years, as I gave a bunch of them to a gardening friend to hang in his fruit trees. They're great for scaring off the birds! :-hah[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

On the same note as the AOL-in-the-trees: Think of the lives and jet engines saved if the same worked near airport runways....:-eek Oh NO!!! I hope they don't read this...landing fees might go up $23.95 if they start THAT!:-laugh1 Fly First...Play Later...--Noel

>The bu****s!>>Oh well Chris, add it to the collection...>>... of millions of CDs to be sent back to AOL. This idea>sounds better every day ;)>>We just need to coordinate a date! What's their CEO's>birthday?DOH!!!I guess I should have saved 'em all...AHA...Just about everywhere you go now, AOL has a display rack containing huge numbers of their frisbees...HMMM...}( Think I'll go on an old-fashioned roundup and clean them out!Fly First...Play Later...--Noel

>I hate AOL too. If you know how hard it is to remove their '30>day free trial' installation from our computer network you'd>understand... :-grr>Oh No...'twas actually a great joy to perform the tedious task of scouring my entire system of ALL traces of AOL...even renamed a couple of files "accidentally" containing a-o-l. I'm not being obsessive or anything, am i? :-badteeth Fly First...Play Later...--Noel

Guest Quaxo

Hmmm... How come that I've never seen one of those discs in my whole life??? :-hmmm Cristian

Would you like some??????? :-xxrotflmao Fly First...Play Later...--Noel

They probably don't distribute them in third world countries :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Quaxo

Probably you're right Chris. Probably that's why.Cristian,ITALIA