Sign in to follow this  
agtim

Isle of Wight - Bembridge and Sandown - now uploaded

Guest jonpoint

Chris,You're even confusing ME now... stop it!You don't NEED 'jtrees' unless you have already used them yourself! The mipfiles are interchangable but keep the new ones - they look better.As Chris Low was well underway with his packages prior to the trees' release, they are not included. Hopefully, as I have now satisfied his need for Sanfran trees, we'll see some in the 2004 packages ;) Sanfran can do with lots of palm trees, especially along the beachfront.The 'stree' set consists of two types - one for Sanfran (and UK), the other for Seattle. Don't mix them up! If in doubt, delete the lot and reinstall into the correct gen folders.I would hope from this day on that all package developers release the models sets as part of the package. This will allow for new models to automatically overwrite oldies and prevents crashes caused by missing mipfiles. I know Rob does this and it has saved me from much drama. Every time I install one of his packages it 'ripples through' my model collection, updating what's required. Of course, this may give your runways funny numbers sometimes ;) but it's all fun :-)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

To help with managing models, I suggest that scenery packages could be released in one of two forms:1) New or major releases, where all models used are identified and included.2) Minor upgrades, where new models or modified models only are included.The form of release should be clearly identified. Upgrades should not require deletion of the old package, but for new/major releases, the installation instructions should include deletion of the old package.Anyway, modified models should never be released separately from packages, because they can freeze FU3 if installed without deleting all old references to it. So for example if I release LOG mark 2 with the same name as the original log, then Forest Falls, SkyHarbour, Seattle, McChord and probably several other packages would need to be deleted.I am wurried (weally rurried) about the AI files installed in the UK-South folder too, as many people are now writing new versions of it. I would be much happier if these could be kept with the Keeper of the Beacons. Is this possible Bogdan?RobD.

Yes, of course. AI files means airports ?B.Adamski

Guest cornclose

Jon,Just to confirm, could you take a look at the following list of file in my UK-SouthGen folder...I have 54 files named jtree*.bin as follows :-stree1a0.binstree1b0.binstree1c0.binstree2a0.binstree2b0.binstree2c0.binstree3a0.binstree3b0.binstree3c0.binstree4a0.binstree4b0.binstree4c0.binstree5a0.binstree5b0.binstree5c0.binstree6a0.binstree6b0.binstree6c0.binstree7a0.binstree7b0.binstree7c0.binstree8a0.binstree8b0.binstree8c0.binstree9a0.binstree9b0.binstree9c0.binstree10a0.binstree10b0.binstree10c0.binstree11a0.binstree11b0.binstree11c0.binstree12a0.binstree12b0.binstree12c0.binstree13a0.binstree13b0.binstree13c0.binstree14a0.binstree14b0.binstree14c0.binstree15a0.binstree15b0.binstree15c0.binstree16a0.binstree16b0.binstree16c0.binstree17a0.binstree17b0.binstree17c0.binstree18a0.binstree18b0.binstree18c0.bin...and I have 18 files named t_jtree*.mipt_jtree10.mipt_jtree20.mipt_jtree30.mipt_jtree40.mipt_jtree50.mipt_jtree60.mipt_jtree70.mipt_jtree80.mipt_jtree90.mipt_jtree100.mipt_jtree110.mipt_jtree120.mipt_jtree130.mipt_jtree140.mipt_jtree150.mipt_jtree160.mipt_jtree170.mipt_jtree180.mipIs this how it should be for someone who has installed nothing into FU3 apart from the UK Region and it's packages ? Niether have I created any FLED packages for myself.Chris E, ENGLANDhttp://www.circle-software.co.ukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

Jon,I will have to download your model pack and take a look at these new trees. If they are any good :-) I will consider adding some in my future upgrades.With respect to palm trees in the SanFran region, I will have to take another look at my illustrated guide book of the San Francisco Bay area. There are plenty of photographs and detailed diagrams in the book, so there should be a few palm trees visible !Chris Low,ENGLAND.PS. Robert D.....how is that 20 metre log contract progressing ? :-)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

Chris,Yes, that's correct! There are 54 binfiles (because there's 54 models) but only 18 mipfiles because there are 3 trees of each type.In other words, multiple binfiles can share the same mipfiles, which allows some re-use amongst models. For example, you might have a wood texture for a tree. If you create a log cabin, you could (using the original tree file that the mip was made from) re-use that same texture, dozens of times. When you paste the log cabin binfile into your gen folder, the tree's texture will be applied ;)BTW, I hope that you fill your gen folder with ALL the UK/Sanfran goodies!Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

No, it just means the AIplan.txt, the AImodel.dat and Airspace.txt files. Anyone making a new airport needs to modify these to link in AI planes - Roland is the expert I think and might have some advice?RobD.

Guest R_Driscoll

OK Chris, one 20 m log coming up. Or maybe a couple with different textures? But it will take approx one week - I am away for a short time. And I will need to get some log textures and shape them - that will take a few days. These things don't grow on trees you know (oops, that's right, yes they do. Bother).RobD.

Guest cornclose

>BTW, I hope that you fill your gen folder with ALL the>UK/Sanfran goodies!Thanks Jon. I have all the available UK packages upto and including the Isle of Wight package just recently released. These were listed for me by Glidernut. Are there any others you are specifically referring to ?Thanks.Chris E, ENGLANDhttp://www.circle-software.co.ukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

It's no problem. Currently the file contains beacons.fld and poi.txt.B.Adamski

No problem Robert. I haven't even got FU3 working yet with Windows XP, so there's no great hurry :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png