Sign in to follow this  
Lars Peter

FU airport.

Guest Staggerwing

Home sweet home for many of us :-lol Thanks for the link..

This picture, as well as similar ones for other airports would take the guesswork out of creating packages. I haven't noticed all those "groins" or wave breakers before. The most prominent feature of the FU2 / FU3 Halfmoon Bay is the tower out on the peninsula.Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

That is beautiful! I think Half-Moon Bay is special to most of us - well at least the old-timers who used FU2 before FU3 - like Chicago Meigs it was the starting point for the Flight Unlimited adventures.When I modelled airports in the Seattle region, most of what I did was semi-fictitious - in the sense that I used the terrain scenery as a guide but placed things how I wanted (except for Seattle - there I used photos extensively to model, position and texture, but never released it out of respect to Mike Boney who beat me to it - well it had bugs anyway). But in the UK-South, I have tried to model more carefully - collect dozens of pictures, then model and place actual buildings. I would love to do that here as well. I think there is enough detail in that picture to make a very realistic Half-Moon Bay, and there might be more.Well I'd better not. I think both Bogdan and Chris have probably done this area, and there's plenty to do in England. Anyway, congratulations on finding that photo Hans - it is excellent.RobD

Guest CaptRolo

Thanks Lars; This is quite different than I have imangined .Like many of us ,This is my first home in Fu. I have redesigned mine ,but now I will have to make some changes . CaptRolo

Yes, Half Moon Bay is definitely one of my favourite FU airports, and it's now even better with tower control. Well, that might not be entirely accurate, since there is no sign of that control tower that I added :-)To be honest though, I am far more concerned with making each airport and airfield an interesting place to visit. Totally accurate placement of buildings and trees is nice, but not essential. Still, it's good to see that those dark patches on the satellite terrain around this airport really are groves of trees. I might even add a few more after seeing this picture:-)By the way, I have modified six airports since I released Seattle 2003 and SanFran 2003 (five in the Seattle region, and one in the SanFran region). Some are simply tweaks to the taxiways and parking spots, but I have also added a few more trees at Firstair Field, and a LOT more trees at Kimshan Ranch. I told you that this would never end :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Motormouse

Seattle 2004?SanFran 2004?Way to go Chris!!:-wavePete

Pete,If you (or anyone else) knows where I can get hold of an illustrated book describing the Seattle and Puget Sound area, then please let me know. I would like to develop a Seattle STAR scenery pack, but I know next to nothing about this region. I am far more familiar with the San Francisco Bay area.Maybe I could include any upgrades in that ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Make that EIGHT modified airfields. I have just tweaked Apex Airpark, and added lots more trees at Wax Orchards.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

By the way, I am now keeping a log of all the modifications that I make, so that I can include a MASSIVE list of upgrades with the 2004 versions :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png