Sign in to follow this  
Guest andy9164

UK South - Lydd Airport

Guest andy9164

Please can you sdvise if anyone is working on Lydd airport for the UK South. I have made some initial outlines and thought I would check before going any further.Also if anyone has any details on the airport please let me know. I have been on their website and got some detail and also e-mailed them.ThanksAndy

Guest R_Driscoll

Where (speaking as an ignorant colonial) is Lydd?

Guest andy9164

Rob,Lydd is approximately 1/2 way between Hastings (to the West) and Dover (to the East). They have 2 runways (only one licensed) and fly commercially to France on a daily basis. By all accounts its quit a popular little airport.I read in some earlier posts that that the ground had already been "flattened" in the package, so as I only live about 45 minutes away I thought why not? I could even visit and take some photo's if the Lydd airport people don't come up trumps on my request for help.I did post some pictures under the "modifying models" post of a quick mock up I did, but need to get more info on the layout etc.Off topic, modelling skills getting better, managed to make a 3-D cube with different textures all around.Andy

Andy,I'm pretty sure that you are correct regarding the flattened terrain at Lydd airport, and I'm also pretty sure that nobody is developing this airport.......so.......get building !Chris Low,Ulverston,Cumbria,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

Andy, you're a marvel! Go for it. Ahh, where's Hastings?OK OK don't worry, I've got an atlas here somewhere. Well I eventually found Stonehenge didn't I?Ignorant colonial from Ulverstone (note the 'e' - this one's in Tasmania - get out your atlas Andy).

Robert,You live in a place called Ulverstone ? What a coincidence.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest qvdg

Rob, The world is indeed small. I am from Kingston Beach just South of Hobart - now living in Paris which is a slightly larger city. My grandfather used to work for Cascade breweries.Cheers,QvdG