Sign in to follow this  

Package limits

Hi all, It's been a while since I used FU & I was wondering if any knew if the 39? pakage limit had been broken? I see Chris Low is still hard at work & I wanted to modify some airports using FLED, but if the limit is still there, then I guess I won't.

Geoff,Welcome back to FU3 :-)I assume that you are referring to the AIRPORT ICON limit, since you can have as many scenery packages installed as you like.You say that I am still "hard at work", but I have slowed down considerably since my days of major airport upgrades and San Francisco STAR scenery packages. I am constantly tweaking things here and there (straightening taxiways, tidying up AI parking spots, and adding one or two extra trees), and that is the reason why I recently released Seattle 2003 and SanFran 2003. I would also like to create a Seattle STAR scenery package if I could find a detailed, illustrated guide to Seattle and the Puget Sound area.If you only want to "modify" existing airports, then you shouldn't have a problem, since you will not be adding to the number of airport icons on the map.Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks! I didn't know that it was just an icon limit on the map. Last time I was really active with FU it wasn't known (at least to me). That is great news. :-jumpyNow here's another question - how does one create new objects for the FLED? :-hmmm

Ahh, well......that isn't my department. Maybe some of the modelling experts around here can help ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Cap'n Geoff!!Tis I, Cap'n Dondo!I don't know the answer to any of your questions!But, I do have 3d Studio Max, which I believe is what you have to use to get 3d models into FU3.Still a great sim, no?;)Pieter

Guest R_Driscoll

Welcome back! A senior captain with Pier Glass Aviation! Congratulations! Well, I flew some of Hennie's Adventures for a while. But I'm not that organised, rarely even file a flight plan - I like to just go up and drift around for a while, eg gliding, road or coast following, exploring the Seattle mountains etc.You don't need GMax or 3D Studio, although they help. Most modelling for FU3 is by text editor and BSP. If you do want to use professional packages, then agtim, Jon Point and Ansgar all have expertise in using GMax and 3D Studio and could probably help there. Several "tutorials" on making models have been put in the avsim library. The tutorials show the steps to get models made and into the FU3 world.http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=23667http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=25263Gideon pertzov's MODELVIEW program is a big help, and I have written a utility called FIXMIP which takes a GIF picture and converts it into the graphics format used by FU3, in the correct palette for the scenery region:http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=29665(mixed up with scenery for Stonehenge - I told you I wasn't organised).Read back through recent posts (both here in the forum and in the avsim library) and you will find a lot on the new scenery area UK-South as well. This area needs many more models. The most recent ones were developed by agtim for scenery at Isle of Wight, and included new hangars, and several new planes.Hope you get bitten by the bug,RobD.