Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Windows XP and FU3

Rich,It did work ! :-jumpy When I added the command "nomovie" at the start of the flt3.cfg file, and then double clicked on the Flight Unlimited III desktop icon, the FU3 main menu screen appeared instantaneously. Actually, I miss the Electronic Arts title screen, but I can always get Indeo XP at a later date :-lolThis basically proves that the lack of an Indeo codec was the cause of the problem. My next task is to get all of the settings maximised.....followed by activation of the joystick.....followed by FSAA and anisotropic filtering initialisation.Let's just hope that everything works perfectly, eh ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Unsure as to your system configuration, but I am aware that people who have upgraded to "XP" from other OS have had to upgrade all their hardware AND software to "XP-Compatable". Having researched many of the software/hardware manufacturer/developer sites' forums for info on different system configurations and upgrades, I discovered that many of the manufacturers have the same credo...support for earlier (win32/9x)...(hardware)...DirectX WHQL testing is no longer provided. In order to run older software, if new "XP-compatable" versions were not available, they had to search the internet until they found WIN9x emulator. Surely, M$ has issued support for these issues??? I prefer to be "hands-on" with my system and OS...XP and even ME effectively prevent this. Hence, I stick with Win98SE until it, too, goes the way of Win3.2!Fly First...Play Later...--Noel

Hans.What driver are you using for the Voodoo 5 card??I think I will do an attemt to use this card for XP.About the "indeo"message, this popped up when installing FU3.Never seen it again.I've had "nomovie" added in the fu3.cfg.file from the beginning, so I do not know if it is there or if I need it.Lars Peter.

Don't worry guys. I just inserted the command "nomovie" into my flt3.cfg file, and that solved the problem.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Lars,Yes, the fact that you had "nomovie" in your flt3.cfg file means that you bypassed the problem. If you remove that statement, you will understand what I was talking about. :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png