Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

A list of available models

Guest R_Driscoll

Since there are now hundreds of new models available, it can be difficult to find the model you want. Below is an attachment that lists additional models for the UK-South region:http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/9081.txtThis only lists models not in the original LGS San Francisco distribution. The file contains:FILE NAME OF MODELSIZE OF MODELAUTHOR (mostly left blank - I don't know the early models but probably 90% or more were Captain Bazza's)DESCRIPTIVE NAME OF MODEL (eg "plane", "car" - a short identifier of type).I hope this helps people to hunt for what they want. And if anyone wants to help build this into a RUL (Really Useful List) by plugging the gaps, that would be great. Have a read of the file and give me feedback!Qualifiers:This list is based on my own GEN directory. Yours may differ, depending on whether you have downloaded the model sets from AVSIM or not.Specific models for scenery packs (such as Heathrow) are not identified as I expect the generic models to be more widely used.I have missed some models already, eg my own village series and Jon's GB series - apologies to both authors.And apologies to Cap Bazza - it would take major time to go back and check whose models were whose.Many of these models were originally written for the Seattle region nad have been converted.

Guest R_Driscoll

... yes John ? ....

Guest glidernut

Rob_D & everyone,I dont see why you hav Jon Point,s (jtree,s) in your UK-South GEN ?The ( j ) trees are in the SEATTLE palet only.Iv got Jons j & S trees in my SEATTLE GEN without renameing them.Is this OK, or what ?With Jons j & S trees in my SEATTLE GEN, and SEATTLE and sanfranin the REGIONS folder with the UK-Soth,Jons trees in the "Andre Meystre,s Isle of Wight package" are not solid, I can fly strae throo them !?If I remoov the SEATTLE region, Jons trees on the Isle of Wightdisapaer compleetly.Can we all agree to get rid of the j trees, and start agen usingonly the s trees ?If we do this now, bifor too many j trees hav been used, it wouldstop the problem ded.If we continue to use both j & s trees, the problem will only getbiger and biger as time gos on.What do you all think ?glidernut.

Guest jonpoint

Oh dear!I shouldn't have kept the same mipfile names, eh?s_trees and j_trees are interchangable (there are slight differences in proportion - some s_trees are more slender) but both s_tree and j_tree binfiles call the same mipfiles e.g. s_tree1a calls the same as j_tree1a.I'd be happier if j_trees weren't used at all from now on because there aren't Sanfran/UK equivalents of them. Using s_trees, you can place them in any region, as long as the correct mipfiles are used. This is less dangerous than having differently-named mipfiles as, if you have the wrong mipfile in your gen folder, you just get a kakky-looking tree instead of a lockup ;)Certainly we should only use them (s_trees) in UK. I believe some may have used Fixmip to convert the mipfiles to Sanfran palette. This does work however some trees take on strange colours :-eek There is certainly no danger in having BOTH types in the Seattle region - in fact, it's probably better to have them as well (hey, HDs are cheap but lockups suck!).John, as to why Andre's trees are not solid or why they disappear when you remove Seattle... huh? Not solid? Please, tell me how! I've been wanting to create some models that don't tear wings off when you hit them but I haven't worked it out yet - great for airport fences :-lolI wouldn't have thought that the Seattle region would be referenced at all when in UK but I have noticed some strangeness with my 'UK only' version. I think the problem exists because the trees might be 'in the package' but the only location you have them is Seattle. As such, maybe you need to copy them to your UKgen and Sanfrangen folders too (with the sanfran palette mips though). Sorry for the confusion but as I hadn't seen much done with them I thought it was pretty safe!BTW John, have you done anything creative with our new aquisitions?Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest glidernut

jon,>BTW John, have you done anything creative with our new aquisitions?(hey, HDs are cheap but lockups suck!).

Bonjour,Je trouve excellente l'id

Guest jonpoint

Bonjour Luc,There IS a method you can try. There is a program called 'Modelview.exe' which allows you to look at FU3 binfiles (models) in both textured and wireframe views - with zoom :-)The creator is Gideon Pertzov and here is a link for it!http://www.geocities.com/alive.geo/ModelView.zipAlso, his site has some other intersting FU3 stuff if you are interested ;)Of course, you cannot view the original FU3 models :-grr :-grr because they are in a single, compressed file. What we really need is a complete AI/model viewer but hey... someone has to write it and that's beyond me - I'm having enough troubles with aircraft :-lolPS Sorry my French is too bad to use here :-waveRegards,Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

Glidernut:You want me to remove all of my jtrees? OK, but I will have to backtrack my packages to change them to stree's, then republish the corrected models. From now on, ONLY STREES exist (in UK-South). But it will take me a bit of time to completely eradicate the dreaded jtree virus from my packages. I think I used them at Stansted - which is an interesting point because I used them before Jon released them in their UK-South colours, expecting he would and that his new trees qould quietly fit in to the Stansted scenery. Anyway, quarantine isolate, and exterminate with maximum prejudice is now my motto.To Luc, bonjour aussi, moi fille parle francais mais je ne le parle pas.This list is a start. I will try and make it better!Pictures are possible.I also recommend MODELVIEW.RobD.

Guest glidernut

Rob D,All of Jon Point's trees hav vanished from all of your packages inmy UK-South.I did see them bifor I instaled the strees in my UK-South GEN, butnouw thay hav siply vaneshed. I dont understand why, but thay hav.I presoom its the same for everyone, I dont know.But this is no grate loss, as all your trees are stil there. So there is no need for you to re-do your packages, But if you do, or if anyone els dus,then this could be seen as a golden opertunaty to plant even mortrees than bifor.This situation is much the same for all the packages predused so far,inclooding my owne.If we dont takl the problem now, the problem will only get wers,and we will hav this problem for ever.So diclair war on all jtrees. Delete distroy and iliminate thees little bliters.Quarantine isolate, and exterminate with maximum prejudice.ONLY STREES exist, Yes, thats the spirit.Ps, Im compileing a list of UK-South models as see by me.Me, being sumone how is "in theery" up to date with all publishedUK-South models.glidernut.:-wave