Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

Waterloo station

Guest R_Driscoll

Time to play trains! I have modelled Waterloo station in this upgrade to Cristian's UKS.And the cream on this package is the beautiful train noises from glidernut! Thanks a million!Also I have experimented with a little street lighting. I forget who suggested this - probably Andy or Rob? but it was a great idea and I think adds considerably to the package.How to find London? Hmmm. Take off from Stonehenge and fly East. If you hit the ocean you missed it.RobD.

Guest glidernut

RobD.Your (UK Scenery Pack Upgrade) "ukspack2.zip"There are 2 lots of INSTALLATION: instructtions in thispackage "ukspack2.zip". Which INSTALLATION: instructtionssould we folow ferst ? The firs or the second ?In the first INSTALLATION: instructtions it ses to"1) Copy UKS package to folder PACKAGES".Do We over right the "UKS folder" that is alredy there ?The second INSTALLATION: instructtions refers to a packagethat has never existed on avsim ie (STN1.zip)?Is it serposed to refer to (std1.zip) insted ?glidernut. :-eek

Guest glidernut

RobD,Im sory about the abuv posting, I hav always been a bit confusedas to wether overrighting is adding or deleteing or a bit of bothe.After makeing sum backups I folowed your simpl instructions and had no problems at all, backups not needed, I should hav knowne better.Thanks for another exalant upgrade, and its an addon too, cus theres several new bildings gon up in the airear, I even found a telifone box.A red one.I like the red train best, cus its red.Yep, red is definatly best.Im just off too London to make a telifone call and catch a train. glidernut.:-wave

Guest qvdg

Rob, Glidernut, Would it be possible to post some screenshots for those of us who have to wait until the weekend to discover your new creation.PS if I recall correctly UK telephone boxes also came in a blue variety one of which was famous as it was inhabited by a colourfully dressed fellow with a PhD ;-)Cheers, QvdG

Guest glidernut

QvdG,I think Robert Driscoll giv us the telephone boxe sum time ago, along with sum shops, houses, and a cherch, but this is the firsttimwe Iv seen it used.

Guest Rich Wren

Just to get involved in some shameless pedantry :-), the blue boxes you're referring to were in fact Police call boxes, these were boxes for the public to contact the police in emergencies and also used as shelters for patrolling policemen. They've long since been retired, I can't recall ever seeing one on the streets in my life. The TV program outlived its most recognisable real-life feature by at least 15 years...

Well, I may actually need some hand-holding here. I backed up my UKS package folder before I installed. That was a good idea. When I launched the sim with the new and improved UKS it crashed to the desktop. Then I overwrote the new UKS with the old one, answering yes to overwrite at each prompt. Now it works but I don't seem to have any London trains. What exactly will I need to install first to make the revised UKS work?Hans Petter

Guest glidernut

Hans,My UKS works OK, its got the trains, the beter bridge and other stuf.Iv just sent it to you.Chek your maile.glidernut.:-wave

Guest jonpoint

Folks,I remember playing in one as a cubby house in someone's backyard in Hampstead, early 70's. It had certainly been retired by then! I remember it as being slightly larger than a phone box because we could hide behind the door on either side.Funny to mention this but I have an RGB-coloured Tardis 3DS model ready to convert to a binfile. It doesn't have the 'Police' sign as it's RGB but it looks convincing ;)Should I upload it? I was thinking of asking Ansgar to replace the UFO model with it. At least it would add that "70's BBC, chicken wire and cellophane" flavour to the UK region :-lolJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

Hey, I wanted feedback on the nightlighting, not this unnamed doctor in a police box. And my phone boxes were red! There is no possible connection between this thread and some old TV show. Keep to the topic guys!And didn't it have a blue flashing light on top?I think he ate jelly babies too - I wonder what the flight model is for a jelly baby.And something about scarfs - but that would be hard to texture map. Could you take a windsock, convert it into a Doctor with the scarf being the sock and a series on LochNess - you could have the monster swimming in the Loch, but the graphics doesn't go that far northpyramids of mars a bit scary hmmmdum de dum de dum de dum ,, weeeooooooo

Guest jonpoint

Yeah! I was getting a bit lateral there... 'laterally on another planet' :-lolStrange what the flu does to you - in this case, bringing back memories of playing in a Police box in a backyard in England in the '70s...I may suggest however that a bit of Dr Who wouldn't go astray in UK South - a perfect recipe for easter eggs. Heck, we could always have a challenge involving low-level flight through the countryside, looking for the mysterious blue box. If you're too slow, it moves to the next location. This could be done around some famous landmarks like the Horse, Stonehenge, etc to get people actively exploring the new region. Cryptic clues, based on a preamble would tell you where to go next, like those 'orientation rallies' where families drive around all weekend following clues that lead to the prize.Lateral? Yes ;)Oh well! Back to the Dash8... Cockpit's done 100% (as good as I could...), crash models are OK, callsigns, textures, everything! Only the flight model is killing me right now. It FLIES OK but doesn't currently register landings (or crashes, which may be a good thing) and I'm having a problem with prop pitch and throttle interacting. When you land, cutting power causes a pitch change (nullifying the power cut) and stopping can be hard. The only solution so far is to cut the throttle then push the pitch back up. Being a turboprop, I want this part to be right, otherwise it feels like a piston-engined aircraft, engine-wise :-(:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************