Sign in to follow this  

FU 2 scenery if FU 3?

I could have sworn I read somewhere that the San Francisco scenery in FU 2 can be converted and imported into FU 3. Am I wrong? If not, how is this accomplished?Thanks,Scott

Guest twsimfan

Scott,There is no conversion about it. Provided that you have full release versions of both FU2 & FU3 you can load the FU2 (San Francisco) scenery into FU3. It has to be done during the install... so if you have already installed FU3 you will need to remove it and re-install it. You will be asked during the install if you want to put SF in and if you say yes you will be prompted for the FU2 disks after the FU3 disks.

Scott,Follow Tom's advice and get that San Francisco scenery installed as soon as possible. I personally think that it is better than the Seattle scenery.....particularly when you add my SanFran 2003 pack to the mix ;) Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

Oh Chris, you're so modest :-lolSeriously Scott, do it! I used FU3 for some time before getting FU2 for the scenery. It was worth the reinstall IMO. Please be aware that there are some issues regarding Seattle, Sanfran and OT and there are fixes for some of these in the library. Particularly Markus Brunner's radio 'fix' is important.Just understand that you cannot use ALL the available airports (inc OT) when you have Sanfran as there are anomalies (mostly radio frequencies). If in doubt, just 'do it' and get back to the forum if you have problems. Suffice to say, a 'standard' installation of Seattle, Sanfran and OT works OK but I'm not sure you can get clearance into the other area?There is a thread here somewhere about Chris' 2003 airport packs - have a dekko :-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

I was able to get the scenery installed, thanks. Although, for some reason, both the Seattle and SF scenery looked pretty horrible to me. We're talking Fly 2K terrible. Are there compatibility issues with FU 3 and Windows XP? Scott

Scott,I was using FU3 with Windows XP recently until my PC suffered some major problems last night (see separate thread). Everyhting was working fine, and the graphics are FAR superior to those of Fly2K. However, I have 4xS anti aliasing and 8x anisotropic filtering enabled, and these basically eliminate those shimmering textures and jagged edges.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest twsimfan

Scott,I am also using FU3 on XP and it works great. What video card are you using?

Guest glidernut

welcom abord Scott,After a fall insterlaton of FU3, if you are not useing the cfg filefrom your old FU3, then you will need to go into FU3 optionsgraphics and put the 3D ACCELERTTION DRIVER to PRMARY.If this solvs your broblem, then its lightly you would alsobenifit by useing one of ouwer cfg fils that alredy hav all thelatest tweeks and setings.if you want to try sumone elses cfg, then ask.glidernut.:-wave

I have a Radeon 9500 Pro. I did enable 3D Acceleration within the game, and set the resolution to 1024x768 and all details to max. The scenery looks very blocky and hazy. Even though the game says 3D Acceleration is enabled, it doesn't look like it is. What would I look for in the config file to verify 3D? It seems there was an option for it in the config file with either a value of 0 or 1.

Where can I get the SanFran 2003 pack?

Scott,You can get SanFran 2003 (and Seattle 2003) from the AVSIM FU3 file library. Just click on the FILE LIBRARY link at the top of the page.With respect to the scenery looking blocky, have you done a FULL installation ? If not, then you will need to insert FU3 CD#2 (or FU2 CD#2 for SanFran), otherwise you will not be able to access the high resolution scenery files for these regions.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest twsimfan

Scott,I am using a 9700 Pro myself... there shouldn't be too much difference. Have you got FSAA & Anis Filtering enabled for both OpenGL & Direct3D in Windows?I have FSAA set to 6X (may only go to 4X on 9500?) and Anis Filtering at 16X for both.