Sign in to follow this  
Hans_Petter

Display anomaly

When starting out at the UK South region's London City I get a strange display anomaly. The image below shows what I see looking straight ahead. If I look right or left everything looks fine but then, when I look forward again I see a segment of the latest left / right view in the front view. Luckily, things straighten out the moment I start moving. Any ideas?best regards,Hans PetterLondon City on LSD:http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/10577.jpg

Hans,It must be that rubbish graphics card that you use :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Quaxo

Hans, are you sure you installed the latest elevation file for UK? The one on the third update? I've never seen a problem like yours, but I had some visual artifacts (much LSD-like, also :-) ) with older elevation versions... Just an idea anyway!Cristian

No, I'm not sure that I have the latest elevation file that pertains to London City. Is it in the Avsim file library? All the other airports look fine and I did install the elevation fix required for Agtim's latest airport uploads.Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

I get this problem to some extent at all airports, before I start moving. Missing data triangles. I use nvidia, but don't ask me which one - its quite old anyway.

Guest jonpoint

Holy dooley!Yeah, mine does it every now and then. I've used Nvidia cards for some time, currently a GE4 MX440. It can be affected by aircraft - the pre-beta Dash8 had a cockpit rectangle problem that sometimes caused strangeness if you hit alt+o whilst flying (when returning to the aircraft, the non-3D view parts are replaced by the options menu...). Hitting 'm' a few times seems to fix it.Anyone here seen the Sanderson 'AI anomaly'? I might post some shots later but it's weird... You get these little AI pile-ups, guarded by a pair of back-to-back Starships. When you taxi around them (off the taxiway), the Starships disappear and the last AI in the pile-up then travels THROUGH the others on it's way back to the terminal :-eekAll the while, ATC keeps on going as though nothing happened. On one occasion I was told to hold short but the pile-up never went away so after 5 minutes I did a taxiway takeoff - at least it was clear :-lolJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Looks like a clipping error or something. It may be that you're actually seeing the backside of the polygons, most likely because you are actually *below* the ground level. Either the airplane altitude is wrong, or more likely, elevation data is slightly off for some reason.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP