Sign in to follow this  
Lars Peter

Windows.XP

Hello all.This is a short review of my experiense with this new XP. software.1. Not very userfriendly with overview in win.explorer. Mutch time-consume finding spesific folders.2. Win.XP. is constantly logging errors/settings. If I reboot the computer,-the errors are still there.3. If I want to change settings for installed hardware/ software, I have to Work hard to do so.4.Drivers for other applications as win.98/95 is not working as intended.5.I have the feeling that Microsoft and Intel own my mashine, and not myself.Summary:I DON'T LIKE IT!!For my use Win.98SE was better for both drivers and user interface.Lars Peter.:-mad

Following on from Lars' overwhelming praise of Windows XP :-) has anyone here experienced the following problem ?Now and again, FLED shuts down abnormally, and the PC needs to be restarted. When this happened to me using Windows ME, I only had to reboot, and the problem was solved. Apart from my current install, I have only managed to get FU3 installed once using Windows XP. After using FLED for half an hour, it shutdown abnormally. However, the difference here is that a reboot of the PC did not solve the problem. I ended up trying to use System Restore.......and then all hell broke loose :-) I eventually had to format the hard disk and reinstall everything.So, has anyone here had any problems of this kind with Windows XP and FLED ? If so, how did you solve this without reinstalling ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Lars Peter,>1. Not very userfriendly with overview in win.explorer. >Mutch time-consume finding spesific folders.By default you wont see all the files and Foldersstored on your PC.Windows XP hides items so you dont tamper withthemby mistake.To stop XP from hiding them, try this.To see them all, open a Folder and click on Tools:Folder Options, select the View tab and check "Show hidden files and Folders".Yes, I wish I felt lick I owned my PC, insted of the manufactchor.I agree with wat you say.Chirs low,Iv had no troubl with XP and FU3 or Fled at all.In fact, my XP with its compaterbilaty mode runs mor programs than otheroperateing systems.For exampl, I hav an erly vershon of "3D Studiow MAX" that is only suposedto work on win.95, But It woks OK on my XP in compaterbilaty mode.But my XP came with my PC.glidernut.:-wave

Hello, all!IMHO...:-jumpy Listen...follow these links. Research for yourselves. If you want security, do away with ME, XP! Use third party firewall and virus protection for security instead of the "SECURITY" Micro$oft spins. Networking? PATCH, PATCH, PATCH whilst you still can! M$ is becoming really scary where it comes to freedom of choice, ownership and rights of ownership and so on...ME was the mere beginning, XP is the beginning of the end! http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/25843.htmlhttp://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/25852.htmlhttp://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.htmlhttp://forums.viaarena.com/categories.cfm?...d=13&zb=5187432http://www.athlonxp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=8Newsgroups: (news.earthlink.net) alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia alt.os.windows-xp alt.os.windows.xp...just to name a few! Fly First...Play Later...--Noel

John,What is this compatibility mode ? Do you always use this to run FU3 ? If so, how do you do it ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

John.My computer came also with XP. installed as default.I have used the last week to explore XP. to see what it can do,- and not do.I always land at the same platform:Not very friendly when it comes to working folders.Some folders I want to work with needs an endless browsing into"documentssettings" or even "System32" to access.Errors is always logged into the system.- and is hard to remove.For those users who are at connected into networks all the time this software is great,-butXP.is for me a step backwards.Chris.The compatible tool is also on my mashine, and is as I can see delivered by the factory (IBM)I did not have to use this for FU3 yet. It is running good.Noel.Thank's for the link's.Interesting reading.Lars Peter.

Guest glidernut

Chris Low,I have windows XP Home edition.Right clik on the "FU3 program icon or its short cut icon",select "Properties",select "Compatibility",As you can see from the snap-shot, my FU3 runs OK without useing the compatibility mode.You all do things with your PC,s that would scair me to deth.So I asooed you knew all about the Compatibility options.glidernut.:-wave

Guest glidernut

Lars Peter,I agree with you, I prefer 98 to XP, Iv not tryed other OS.But just incace it helps any one out there, hear is anuther tip for XP users.When you search for a file or folder,you may well have come across the situation whereby there are zero results,even though you know the item in question is definitly on your system.There,s a good chance what your looking for is a hidden or system file orfolder.Just before you start your search, clik on "Mor advanced options",and make sure they are included.glidernut.:-wave

Guest twsimfan

Chris,You NEVER use it with FU3! It is more formally W/98 compatibility mode... the only program I can think of that I use it with is SBK01... it wont run without it. I tried it with RT and that caused all sorts of problems. DO NOT USE IT WITH FU3!

O...K....Tom. I promise not to use FU3 in compatibility mode...............and I will never mention it again :-bat Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Dann

My best success in running Flight Unlimited on XP: Dual boot to Windows 98SE! (For all my games, really).