Sign in to follow this  
Lars Peter

INTEL FU3 screenhots.

Hello.Here are some screenshots made with the new standard Intel videocard82845G.delivered with IBM Netvista mashines.Not bad for an office-user mashine.I wish they could release drivers that include antialising.Flight "Ranger Creek-Renton".Lars Peter.

Guest jonpoint

Lars Peter,Looks OK, actually! Do the Intel cards really not have any OpenGL features? Or were you running in 'software' mode?The images are sharp and the colours seem good too. How's the framerates? I assume you are going to change the video card at some stage but first check that the bios will allow it. I used to have an IBM PC and I had to replace the bios just to upgrade the HD (with a non-IBM one).It had an on-board Intel video (which looked OK in good ol' FS5) so I never investigated changing that. My replacement PC (486DX266/32MegRAM/ATI16Meg video) ate it for breakfast ;)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

nice, very nice clear graphics Lars!

Jon,"Good ol' FS5" ???? :-eek You need your eyes testing, man :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The pictures was taken with automatic program control settings for the videocard.This is my 3. IBM mashine, and I have never had trouble with replacingAGP or PCI cards.I have used both NVIDIA and the VOODOO series in all of them without changing anything in BIOS.And it has been very stable.This "Intel" card has some open glide tools available, but I have not been able to choose antialising with the new updated drivers.You can see it from the screenshot below.Best regards.Lars Peter.

Lars,I'm sorry, I don't quite understand the screenshot. It seems to be in some kind of weird alien language :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris.Yes, they are everywhere.:-hah Look into the alien's glossery book.Lars Peter.:-bat

Guest jonpoint

Lars Peter,Can you set the anistotropic filtering to manual? You may then have some options available. As far as I know, FU3 will not force either FSAA or Anisotropy - you have to force it manually (or I do!).I see some other useful (I think - my Norwegian is worse than my French ;) ) settings, can they be changed?Anyway, it's good to know that IBMs aren't 'weird' like they used to be. I was talking 286/386 days (remember those horrible things called PS2s? Makes me shudder...).I must admit though, there's nothing like a stable MB! My aforementioned 486DX266 used an Intel MB - the only time it crashed was when I kicked the plug out of the wall :-lolAnd, what's wrong with 'good ol' FS5'? Actually a lot of things but to those of use who 'cut teeth' on the old wire-frame FS, then eventually progressed to FS4, 'rendered' scenery was amazing! I still remember my first flight from Meigs in the Cessna. I turned everything up to 100% and watched in amazement as the scenery unfolded in front of me (at about 2fps) :-eekJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Jon.Yes, I can choose Anisotropy filtering on and off as I like.I can change settings in every optionbox, but there is no antialising available.I have to play around with it for some time I guess.I agree that the early IBM's (Aptiva-win.95)was weird.But the last two computers I bought was very impressive when it comes to a balanced system.(including upgrades for memory and video/soundcards.)My win.98 mashine is P3-600, but it still goes steady with a lot of packages and the AI-planes by Ansgar installed.Lars Peter.:-)