Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

Une r

Guest jonpoint

Hi to all, especially Luc!I was wondering if anyone has made any progress yet with gathering information and images for the new area? The time is approaching when I will be able to actually get involved ;)Until now it has been 'too many planes, too many models, too many soundfiles, not enough time...'Have you been in contact with Andre (Agtim) and Christian (Quaxo) to 'get up to speed' on the processes involved? Now that we have some good tools it should be much easier. All we need to start are the ground images and elevation data. Do you think we can organise some volunteers and nominate jobs for them? There will be much work in getting the images into the correct format - not difficult but there are a lot of files to process. I hereby volunteer to help with image processing :-)Once we have access to the images, we need to draw-up a map and nominate the tiles. Then we can split-up the images and all go away and work on it ourselves. When each person finishes their parts, they can upload them to the 'Manager'(Luc?) for compilation.What do you all think about this?:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest glidernut

Jon,What new area do you meen?Everyone seems to be bisy doing stuf alredy.Most peopl are still working on the UK-South.Bifor thinking of a new area, there is 1 or 2 things to think about first.The way I see it is this, if we do it the way Christian did the UK-South,then there is the problem of CD distribution ?Switzerland did not hav this problem, and IMO, this is the way to go.But what ever way we do it, there is still the problem of not having deataledelivation dater.Andr

France would be great and it would be nice if our French friends could develop it. However, you're reminding me of the first hi-res project, namely Switzerland. Are there any plans for getting the dramatic elevation right? Switzerland without mountains doesn't quite cut it :-) With the proper elevation, however... What do you say Agtim?Glidernut, what kind of aircraft would you prefer for cruising along the steep cliffs -- maybe a Beechjet?:-lolHans Petter

Guest glidernut

This is Switzerland, I still fly hear often.glidernut.:-wave

Bonjour tous,Il me semble percevoir dans les messages de cette rubrique si non les germes d'un conflit, en tout cas, une pol

Luc, I for one would appreciate a French region. In fact, I'm quite sure that the majority of us would. I'm quite sure that the only concern is that we may "be spreading ourselves too thin", not being able to finish what we've got already. However, this is no problem when different teams work on different projects. Please make (a part of) France and I'll reserve space on my drive for it :-)avec mon salut amical,Hans Petter

Guest qvdg

Luc, Je ne pense pas que ta demarche d

Luc,I do not think that your demarche disturbs. On the contrary your idea is very good and I am convinced that we can count on competences and the motivation of our commuaut

Hi all,Switzerland new elevation will be loaded soon, it's a time problem.I have to resample the Switzerland elevation and this takes a lot of time. New high res pictures section for Switzerland takes much more time as for UK-South. They are not so well organised so the Megapatch program can't be used to make the large pictures :-(Currently I am very short in time. :-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

I think we would all love a French region to fly in.I could not make object models for France. I would love to, but I am only one person and UK-South has many projects, but perchance other people can? It would be great to make Notre Dame ...RobD.