Sign in to follow this  
Guest glidernut

Is it posibl ?

Guest glidernut

Is it posibl ?How can do it ?And how is wiling to do it ?There are thousens and thousens of trees in FU3, and 99.9% ofthem are the stok trees that cum with FU3.And non of thees trees are as good as the new trees dun by Jon Point or Robert Driscoll.But changing them one by one useing Fled is all but imposibl.Can it be dun in one go ?Would it be posibl to open the MODELMIP.TAG file in Seattle GENand rename and or replase the aridginal 5 ntree.bin and mip files to 5 of Jon Points stree.bin and mip files ?And in so doing, transform and improov the howl of Seattle.Inclooding improoving all 200 odd packagees that we allredy hav. If it is posibl,after much diliberation, I sergestthe folowing 5 trees by Jon Point to be used insted of the 5stok trees that cum with FU3. In the snap-shot, you see 5 pairs of trees.Eech pair of trees shows a standered stok tree and what I sergestit be replased with.ntree10.bin = stree3a0.binntree20.bin = stree10a0.binntree30.bin = stree7a0.binntree40.bin = stree8a0.binntree50.bin = stree2a0.binglidernut.:-wave

Guest glidernut

Sory, I forgot the sna-shot

The sim calls upon specific BINs and their MIPs. I'm fairly sure that if you rename your favorite trees (including the MIPs) to overwrite and replace the stock trees you'll get these instead.Hans Petter

Guest glidernut

Yes Hans, thats what I thort.I was going to ask Jon Point if he would do it ?But I think he is bizy doing his dash8.I think he is up to sumthing els too,Look at this.

Guest R_Driscoll

Nice pictures Glidernut. I don't think I've seen so many 747's in one shot before (now where did I put my glasses). And the second one, showing the glider takeoff - ahh, that's not an FU3 screenshot is it? no, didn't think so. Must be FS2002 then. They have a long way to go to catch up.On a more serious note, the stock trees are in modelmip.tag. If you supply a replacement model outside modelmip.tag, which one does FU3 choose to use? The stock one or the new one?If it chooses the new "outside" one, then there is no problem - everyone can do as they like. You can use Jon's crude models renamed or my brilliant one or the stock ones. (Sorry Jon - I know the reverse is true!).But if the program chooses the internal "database" trees in modelmip.tag, then we will simply have to rebuild modelmip.tag and replace the standard trees with Jon's one-legged wonders.I think we should rebuild modelmip.tag for UK-South anyway. But I'm too busy making new things at the moment. Once London City airport is out of the way, if no-one else grabs this job first, then I would be happy to look at this.Happy flying all! And (just to keep glidernut happy) don't forget to turn the motor off occasionally (but tell the passengers first OK?).RobD.

Guest glidernut

RobD,FU3 choose to use whats in modelmip.tag, I tried it alredy , Grrrr!!Ok RobD, Iv got you on my list for the futcher if no-one else grabs this job first.Are there any other takers out there ?Corling all tag builders !Nice little job this, with big rewords, nuthing short of transformingthe howl of Seattle, or sanfran, or both for very little work.glidernut.:-wave

Guest jonpoint

Yes, I tried that - it didn't work for me either. Funny, when I went to place trees in FLED, I still got the old ones, even though I was selecting the new ones in the list. It appears that modelmip.tag etc takes precedence over the gen folder :-(If we're modifying it, maybe we could add some others too (and maybe all the generic (rgb-shaded) models as well?I also second John's comment - I have a few hillside full of my larger conifers and it looks really good! If only we could get them all to look like that ;):-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Allan_D

Hi Rob,I agree they have along ways to go, That silly ole FS game It looks kinda phoney to have all these Planes trying to leave at oncehttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/13963.jpgIt's kinda scary to be flying with this many other planes at once http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/13964.jpgI still have lots of Fun with FU3, But I also have lots of fun with the other :-lolHave Fun :-newburnAllan and Puppyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

Guest R_Driscoll

I guess I got the job then. But I would like to ask agtim to help! Agtim, I will put together a draft list, make it into a modelmip database, then could I ask you to check it for me? Then you might have some preferences and suggestions as well, so I could rebuild it to take that into account. In that way I should avoid making total blunders like leaving out half the models. Send me an email if you are happy to share this job. It may not be possible to send via mailbox, so can you also let me know your mailbox limit?R.Driscoll@unsw.edu.auRobD.