Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

FU3 Aircraft wish list.

Guest jonpoint

Seagull??? Don't you mean pidgeon? Everybody knows seagulls have more discerning tastes and prefer HOT chips, with salt (and vinegar too if available) as well as a nice bit of battered fish fillet. When that's done, a kid's ice-cream (any kid's) and maybe finish with a 'calling card' on your beachtowel :-lolSo, a nice, LONG list here! I hope we will see some people having a go with some of these - we've got a lot of work ahead! I vote for:- Gliders (I'm already committed to doing them so don't worry)- Ansgar's A400 - it's a beast, huh? Makes a C130 look like a Cherokee!- Twin Otter (I almost did this instead of the Dash-8 but I HAD a Dash-8 model...)- Saab 340 (or similar) - would be easy to base it on the Kingair.I'll stop here but we're doing well. It's good to see so many suggestions :-):-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest twsimfan

Chris,I assume that you are talking about the plane that Boeing is now selling as a 717... which is a warmed over MD80 series... which was a warmed over DC-9. It should be noted that the 717 designator was used in the late 1960s & early 1970s... the early military 707s were called C-135s (& KC-135s) by the USAF but 717s by Boeing in house. Some were even marketed to the airlines as 717s with little success... the 720 was essentially a down sized 707... after the 720B Boeing pretty much discontinued downsized 707s in favor of 727s. If we want another airliner I'd vote for the "3 holer"... the 727! (With an opening rear ramp if you please! ;-))

>I'm primarly a modern general aviation pilot but I'd like to>fly anything that's good :-)>Then there's the Swiss Pilatus single engine turboprop. I'll applaud any good representation of any interesting aircraft.>>best regards,>>Hans PetterNow ya talkin - Pilatus Turbo Porter. A better International STOL you'll find nowhere !

Guest ChrisD

>1) A complete B737-800 (in Ryanair colors, perfect for UK!)I will vote for that one :)ChrisD

Hi Gang,What about a CP301A Emeraude, My Dad spent most evenings flying around in G-ASBS in the 80s.(with a friend) I have a few photos of it and some of the panel if any one would like to try it! I once went up in the aircraft, the cloud base was about 500ft! That was a very scary flight, it lasted about 10 mins. It took 2 attempts to land as my dad was cutting the grass with a tractor. The aircraft does not exist now as it was destroyed in a fire in its hanger.It would realy make my dads day if he could fly it again on the computer. He is in his 70s now.;)

Guest jonpoint

Jim (GeeBee),I cannot find a suitable 3D model for the Porter :-( Maybe you might know of one? If not, I see you have a good reference airframe for measurements ;) But truly, I do like the Porter - sorta like a rugged hang glider. Chris might lose his landing 'record' though ;)PS How's things in sunny Phoenix? I haven't heard from you for a while. The Dash-8 RC project went 'onto hold' after I discovered the co$t of my intention$. I will be continuing it eventually but I'm waiting for a guy over there (USA) to finish some molds he is making for the fuselage, nacelles, flap tracks and tail! I (we) have settled on 1/10th scale for now (so I need a new trailer) :-eekFltsgnt,What's a CP301A? Please post (or email) some photos so we can see what it is. Tom (Wunder),Can we un-pin this list (just let it 'fall off the back' slowly...) and pin the '1st list' in it's place? We are getting somewhere now and a few people have indicated their intention to 'jump in' and help to modify/create some new planes! Thanks again for your assistance.:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Jim (GeeBee),I cannot find a suitable 3D model for the Porter Maybe you might know of one? #> Ya gotta remember you iz talkin to an absolute computer illiterate here. 3 views, maybe <# If not, I see you have a good reference airframe for measurements But truly, I do like the Porter - sorta like a rugged hang glider. #> If you rent the movie AIR AMERICA, you will fall in love with the Porter. Or, go here - http://mypage.bluewin.ch/aviationworld/pc6/ <# Chris might lose his landing 'record' though PS How's things in sunny Phoenix? #> (Tucson) <# I haven't heard from you for a while. #> Too busy flyin the model Z <# The Dash-8 RC project went 'onto hold' after I discovered the co$t of my intention$. I will be continuing it eventually but I'm waiting for a guy over there (USA) to finish some molds he is making for the fuselage, nacelles, flap tracks and tail! I (we) have settled on 1/10th scale for now #> WOW, FANTASTIC ! Good luck with it. <# (so I need a new trailer)Regards - Jim

What is an Emeraude? well Check out the attachments.Thats my Dad in the picture not me.Paul..........

Some more of the Emeraude.Paul.............

Guest twsimfan

Jon,Unpinned now. Sorry meant to take care of it after your e-mail but got caught up in some other problems and forgot. :-shy

Guest jonpoint

Jim,That should be pretty easy to fix - if we can extract the 3D models OK. If someone is interested, I could attempt extracting and reformatting it to 3DS for someone wanting to play with it. It wouldn't be for a few weeks though.Someone mentioned their interest in doing a C130. I have managed to get hold of a suitable model (a bit rough) and convert it to 3DS. Problem is, I can't remember who it was ;)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Jon.Someone on the top of this thread was babbling about this aircraft.A C-130 converted into 3DS, I am interested.Lars Peter.:)

Guest jonpoint

Lars Peter,Excellent! Now, do you want it 'as-is' or would you prefer me to cut apart the major components? Currently it is one, big mesh!Also, you may wish to contact Ansgar directly regarding the 'trick' to adding extra engines. You can probably use the 747 as a base however I have had problems with piston-engine entries in the jet flight models so you may be better to either leave it as a jet (you don't get the constant-speed props :-( ) or start from the Baron and add engines. The other advantage of the 747 is you can have a full GPS and electronic instruments :-) I have not yet been able to get these working with the Baron flight model.Let me know and I'll perform some surgery on the C130 over the weekend!:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************