Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

New aircraft requests - first list - 2nd June

Guest jonpoint

WOW!I wasn't expecting such a quick response. Thanks to all for their input.So far, the list goes like this. I have included the (possible) FU3 base aircraft for each:Modern (jets)-----------------------Concorde - 747/BeechjetVC10 - 747/Beechjet737-800 - 747/Beechjet717 - 747/BeechjetThe reason for both 747/Beechjets is to include 4 engines in some and the extra instruments as well.Modern (props)-----------------------C-130 - 747A400 - 747Twin Otter - Baron/Kingair/Dash-8Pilatus (Porter?) - Mooney (speedbrakes etc) or TrainerSaab 340 - Baron/Kingair/Dash-8Again, 747 for engines/instruments.Classics-----------------------PBY - Baron/DC3F-86 - Beechjet with one engine.P-38 - BaronConstellation - Baron/DC3?? How about a 747 with piston engines?Electra (old) - Baron/DC3Savoia-Marchetti S-55X seaplane - MustangTiger Moth - Trainer/Mustang/CubChipmunk - Trainer/Mustang/CubSpitfire - MustangMaybe the biplanes could be started from a 65hp Cub?Gliders------------------------Nimbus 4M - StemmeBlanik L13 (I'm already doing it!) - StemmeDunno...Hawk(Kitty/Global/Black/Grumman?) - no idea what this is yet ;)--------------------------------------------------------------------Hmmmm, dunno about the last one and I included my Blanik to fill-out the glider section ;)The suggested 'base' models are just something close to the final configurations. Anyone wishing to take the initiative should post their intent here. Basically, it starts with a 3D model. From that point, Ansgar, myself and many others would be only too willing to help any intrepid volunteers :-)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest qvdg

Jon, For the Hawk I meant the BAe Hawk trainer which I think has been chosen by the RAAF. Cheers, QvdG

Guest twsimfan

Jon,It looks as if you have it all thought out. So when may we expect delivery? ;-) :-lol

Guest jonpoint

Well....I did some groundwork, yes. I currently have my hands full with existing stuff but I am more than willing to help get people up to speed on the processes involved. If we don't get others into it then there will be only 3 or 4 of us and I would like some flying time myself ;)What we have now is a suitable list. We can stop looking for more suggestions now but I would hope that some people putting forward suggestions are passionate enough about their favourite aircraft to have a go at it. It's not that hard, you just take it step by step.All the software is freely available - nobody has to spend a cent/pence/euro/dinar etc - I didn't :-) As I said above, between those here that have built aircraft, we can help anyone with it - even to the point of looking after 'difficult' bits for developers. I just don't want to have to create entire 3D models for people to texture - the hours just don't add up. If they research it and come up with a passable 3D model, we can help them from there. Most aircraft are built in a 'team' environment with different people sticking to their strengths (like I did with the Archer callsigns for Steve Hess' Archer etc) so you don't have to know EVERYTHING before you start.First, look for MSFS98 versions of the aircraft you want. These 3D models are exportable/editable and make a great base for FU3 aircraft. Later models are harder to convert and have too many polygons :-(So, who's first, with what?:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Jon,I am tempted to say to you, yes I want to take part well in the clothes industry of the planes, but I am afraid to make a promise which I will not be able to hold. I do not have any experience in the construction industry, and another modeling. It is for that that I wanted to start with an airport, because there are many examples, and I have the tools. I thought of learning as an autodidact.Good, if you want to test me like SMALL collaborator, here my E-mail: li.marilier@wanadoo.frIn a friendly way,Luc Jon,Je suis tent

Guest jonpoint

Lars Peter,Neither did I, 12 months ago! I would be happy to help you with it. Go to and download the latest version of Anim8or. If you have PSP, great! If not, go to and download 'iMAge'.I have downloaded a C130 for you and will convert it tonight!I look forward to some more collaborations!:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest qvdg

Jon, There are two versions of the Hawk 100 trainer in the avsim MS98 library. I tried loading the the .MDL files with DeepExploration but without success "bad format". Could you let me know if it is possible to obtain an exploitable GMAX model regardless.Cheers Quentin

Guest Quaxo

Jon, why did you take the Mustang as a base for the S-55X? It was a rather big, slow, twin-engine seaplane. Wouldn't it be better to start with a Beaver instead? :-)Cristian

Jon,Can this anim8or program be used instead of Gmax ? If so, is it easier for the beginner to understand what the hell you have to do to get started ? :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Jon.I have downloaded and installed the tools.This looks like a lot of trial and error in the beginning, but I willexplore the options and guides to find out more.Want a new airplane?? Hmmm-let's see,- may be in a year or two. Thank's for the links.Lars Peter.:-wave

Guest Ansgar

Hello Jon,wow an impressive list you extracted here!And as I see we motivated some other new developers to also try building flyable planes!!! A great idea and nice welcome to the new developers also from my side!As you can see at Jon Point himself IT IS POSSIBLE to build an own model you like with free available tools and you only need a bit ambition and motivation to start at it. We help you where we can if you stuck!What I can win out of the list so far:I would like to claim the "rights" to build the Concorde, A400M and B737-800 for me. ;-)I didn

Guest jonpoint

Hi All!Lotsa thingz happening here!Quentin - I use a little utility to convert .mdl files to .dxf. I then open them in 'Crossroads'(free) and convert to .3ds. Then I just open it in Anim8or. Files (.mdl) bigger than ~120kb do not work which is why you need to look at FS98 stuff first. The utility is 'mdl2dxf32d.exe' which can be found on the 'net. The creator can be contacted via if you cannot find it.Chris - I don't use Gmax (although I have it). Anim8or does everything you need for FU3 and I found it easy to learn. Moving from Anim8or to 3DS seems pretty easy, now that I am familiar with 3D objects. Besides, with Anim8or you can directly email the creator (who is a real nice guy - and he designs for Nvidia which has helped me too!) for any info you need. I suppose if I was creating things mostly for MSFS I'd use Gmax but right now there seems little point.Lars Peter - The tools are a bit 'T&A' but if you need specific help, please email me.Cristian - Sorry, I simply associated the SM name with 'seaplane' then thought 'Schnieder Trophy'! Of course, the best way to start the S-55X is to use the DC3 floatplane as a base. Sorry!Ansgar - Thanks for the kind words and yes please.... Concorde, 737, A400M - there's a lot of work there!:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest jonpoint

Jim,Sorry I'm switching to another thread but we must let the old one die!Further to your Beaver questions, don't forget we now have a 3D engine available (Beavers use R-895s, same as the GeeBee R2) and some better sounds (the GeeBee sounds are based on real Beaver sounds!) if we want.Just some food for thought.:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************