Sign in to follow this  
Guest andy9164

bin file naming and FLED

Chris, when FLED goes into error mode and quits I just close FLED, restart it and proceed. I may not have had a total freeze (more like a GPF) but I've had other applications freezing. If so, my Win2000 is unaffected. I may have to close the application with cntrl-alt-del (task manager) but there's never been a need to reboot.Hans Petter

OK, that "message from Microsoft" is what sets WinXP apart from Win2000 :-lol Well, there's one more since I haven't seen the "wrong object type" but this may be due to my limited use of FLED.However, I believe it's quite evident that MS has put a lot of "fool-proofing" into XP and it's set up to communicate any incidence to the headquarters. Part of it is an attempt to keep Joe Average out of trouble and part of it is for MS to record common errors and use the info for future patches / future operating system versions.best regards,Hans Petter

Hans,Have you ever had a situation where the mouse pointer "freezes" ? That's what I mean by the term "freeze". When this happens, I cannot do anything....everything is "frozen" :-) A system reboot is the ONLY solution. This is not the same problem as getting one of those "send report to Microsoft" error messages. If you have never experienced one of these freezes (and I find that extremely difficult to believe), then you are the luckiest person in the known Universe :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

And you are absolutely correct Chris. Backups are essential. I was careless at Stansted - nothing had crashed for a long time and taxiway editing was still new enough to me that I wasn't aware of problems with misconnected or deleted points. RobD

Guest R_Driscoll

Damn fine name. Yup.

Guest jonpoint

Honestly Chris, I don't run FU3 on the XP PC any more. You are correct, I did get that error sometime, and I noticed the 'trashy' thing too - but differently. My problems started when I was in Resviewer - XP got out of sync with itself and the 'temp.res' file (this file is a 'working copy' of the file you are editing and must be copied over the original once changes are made). XP decided it couldn't overwrite the file when Resviewer wanted it to :-grr This only happened once but it was enough to annoy me. Then I had a FLED crash 'par excellence'... This is when i discovered how bad it really is - not only was my package ruined, first FLED then FU3 itself refused to run - even after reboot.I decided at this stage it just too flaky for me. My real problem here is that the PC in question is normally used to perform specific functions (measurements, logging etc) and I cannot optimise it for games. I think if I wasn't actually configured as a server with network drives everywhere it may be more stable. Interestingly, it rarely locks-up when I'm not using it (i.e. nobody at the screen - network users still connected).So, yes - don't send me a copy for Christmas. A copy of Win2K would be handy though ;):-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************