Sign in to follow this  
Hans_Petter

Switzerland again

I finally got around to installing Switzerland. I put it as a region in my UK South sim and this one has no Seattle or SanFran folder and no outer terrain. I was aware of the CD path and the fact that some folders were empty and I put the respective Seattle files into the region wherever I spotted a zero kb file. A long time ago Glidernut posted this:Sum of the files in your REGIONS Switzerland Folder are emty.You have to fill them with the same datea that you fined inyour REGIONS SEATTLE files.For an example you'll see a file called "Aimodel.dat"if you open it it will be empty. then go to "seattle "and copy it and put it in "switzerland". so on and so forth for the rest.The files and folders to look at are ;GenGenpileGrobjsndModelsAimodel.datAiplan.txtAirspace.txtExt_port.txtFltdnsty.datFltdnsty.nam---------OK, I should be all set but I'm not :-zhelp Everything looks fine as I select region --> Switzerland. I get to the map and select an airport. Then, the moment I hit "fly" I see the AI count at 99% and the next moment I see the desktop. I rechecked the Aiplan.txt and confirmed that the Seattle plans were installed. Any ideas? One thing, I copied the files from a stock version of FU3 with the OT installed, the idea being to avoid adding a lot of sounds and models that Switzerland doesn't use. I may have added some OT AI routes. If this creates problems, could someone please send me a stock Aiplan.txt? I might use the one for UK South though.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest glidernut

Hans,chek you in box,glidernut.:-wav

Thanks John! I got your aiplan.txt and tried it but I'm still stuck.Something causes this region to crash. I'll experiment a bit more and import the pertinent files from UK South. Hans Petter

Hi Hans,Switzerland and UK-South will not work inside the same game !Move UK-South to another place when using Switzerland region.My first tests with Switzerland was with empty files and Sanfran and Seattle regions in the same game. :-wave agtim

Ok, then I'm going to do for Switzerland as I did for UK South -- I'll set up a totally separate sim for it. Aren't huge drives a great thing :-)I waited a long time before installing UK South since I wanted it to be finished first. Now I realize it will never be "finished" but I can play a very small part in enhancing it. Same for Switzerland -- I was waiting for the elevation and wanted to see it finished before I installed it. Well, it's high time I discover what we've got here :-)Thanks Agtim,Hans Petter

Hi HansI hope my new elevation update for Switzerland (free of pitts)will be ready soon, actually have time problems :-)The new regions are never ending stories so don't wait for install !soon:-wave agtim

Hi Hans,There must be an elevation problem. Are you using the elevation of the Switzerland update from the avsim lib.? :-wave agtim

Yes, I have installed swissupd01. I just installed it again and the problem persists. Maybe I've mixed up the order of installations? I downloaded all of the parts in one fell swoop and installed them in this order:swissregionbasle01hiresbasle02hiresgenevahiresswissupd01Then there's a "swiss" by Capt Rollo and I believe that I installed this one after genevahires but I wasn't sure whether it was included in the swissupd01. Anyway, I've got all of the zips mentioned above and can easily reinstall them. best regards,Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

If you use FLED, make a change, then save, the scenery should click back to the correct height (Glidernut's solution to my floating Heathrow!)RobD.

Yes RobB, that works! I just fixed Geneva and checked it out by launching a flight. The downside is that I have to touch and wiggle every object in the entire region to make them settle down correctly.It would be nice if there were a global "snap to elevation" command.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest evansgg

Hans,Been trying to get Switzerland to run. I have not looked at this for a long time. When I tried before I could get the program to run. Like you said in earlier posts, I selected an airport and it would get to 99% then crash back to desktop. I have put Seattle in renamed XRegion folder and overwritten all zero length files and empty folders as per posts but must be missing something. How did you get it to work please? Did you have to change any config files?

I haven't any problem with this region, but I was editing it some time ago. I edited a few airports. FU 3 has another limit : AI planes doesn't land at the airports at bigger height - they land under ground and dissapear then.B.Adamski

It worked once I set it up as a separate sim. Just copy an instance of FU3, paste it somewhere else and rename it to FU3_Swiss. Then, install Switzerland into this one and delete anything pertaining to other regions. The other issue, namely the elevation of runways and buildings will be fixed by touching them in FLED. Anything you "wiggle" will snap to elevation. Please remember to save before you exit FLED.Hans Petter

Switzerland was the first region ever made, all AI files and many subfolders of the region are there but empty. Copy content from Seattle region and watch the folder name gerpile / engpile depending on the FU3 language.Quality is .cpd that means not so nice.instal elevation update as last step. Airport are then corrected.Original airports was from Capt. RoloI have no date for the next region update.now a new high quality region is on the market, but for MSFS for about 130 euroThey uses same pictures source as on the DVD from the swiss telecom.but this alone will not change my mind about MSFS - I continue to stay for FU3.If one day you want to be able to get a switzerland region for fu3 completed then you will need to have the DVD from the swiss telecom.This is a must for licensis reason as private user. Versions after 11/2001 have bad cuts direct to the border :-(so you will need the "swissinfo 11/2001" DVD - may be you can find it at small costs via ebay or so. The phone directory is outdated and just the picture are important. :-wave agtim