Sign in to follow this  
Hans_Petter

Switzerland again

Guest evansgg

Hi,I have tried to set up Switzerland as a seperate FUIII install. Copied my FUIII to a new directory, deleted San Fran and Seattle and contents of packages. Installed Switzerland files copying files and folders that were zero length from original Seattle directories. Crashes back to desktop everytime the AI populates on the map. I was hoping I could get this to work but I really need some help from someone who has done it please. I am wondering if the copying of FUIII install has to be a clean one with no ad ons at all. If you have any ideas they would be much appreciated thanks.

here are the files in my installation. I have it together with Sanfran but Seattle moved away to avoid longitude location conflicts.Do you have generated all map levels up to level 7 ?see readme.txtnow here my files :-wave agtim

Guest evansgg

Greetings Agtim,I thank you for your files but I still crash back to desktop with them. I deleted Sanfrancisco and Seattle before installing Switzerland, should I have kept SanFrancisco? I can copy it across from my other installation. I did not understand your reference to maps up to level 7 either, and what is the readme file you refer to please. Thanks for you help.

HiI mean the readme of the Swiss-Region.zipand especially the step 5 to generate the level 4 to 7 maps5. execute inside ..REGIONSSWITZERLANDMAPStga2bin.exe watch and understand the text in the dialog and decide to generate the map or cancel execution. Generating the maps will take about 32MB of your disk space !My first tests with this region was with an empty aiplan and airspace I used just an empty file . Meanwhile I use the file in the zip of the last post. :-wave agtim

I don't have any problems with models. AI traffic ( big planes or probably IFR flights ) don't land at the high altitude airports. They fly underground & dissapear just after the tower say something like '..inboun for landing' - I don't remember.B.Adamski

Guest evansgg

Thatks for that. I didnt realise there was a readme file. I should have looked. I have it up and working now.