Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quaxo

I had an idea - What do you think?

Guest Quaxo

Hi all,Today I was thinking to all the new addons for the UK, and to all the developers who made them... And I thought that is could be intresting to change the background image of the "credits" page, to add it in the future update disc (or to place it in the library for download). I thought it would be nice to make a collage with all the photos of the contributors... Just the photos, no names (or maybe just the initials).Then I thought that every user in this forum, from our moderators to the occasional posters, all contributed in some ways, with comments, motivation, hints, and so on. So I would like to make a collage with all the photos of the users of this forum (of course, I mean the users who agree!)... What do you think?Who is intrested could reply here attaching his photo, so I could prepare the image - sort of a "family photo"... :-)Cristian

Cristian.Well- I've stayed here at this forum even since the release of FU3back in 1999.One I remember spesific is Capt. Rolo from our active time at the famous "Pier Glass Aviation".(they are still flying)Most of the others who is still here was also here at that time.New members came along and many of those have done miracles for this sim.The kind moderators of this forum Frank Betts/Tom Wunder/Bob,has been a motivation to continue visiting this place.So.-I have known all of you for a very long time over the internet,and I think your suggestion is good.My private computer room is full of nav.maps, but I can save some space for a "FU3 credits collage""Credit-pictures" is OK with me.Thank you.Lars Peter.:-wave

Guest glidernut

Cristian,Good ider.Ho, hang on, I havent not got no digital camera !I dout if meny others hav one ither !What if Chirs low is the only one to send in a mug-shot !!Im not going to look at a screen thats going to scair me to deth.How about sum of the best snaps of FU3 insted.Them credits moovs up so god dam fast I carnt read them.It was two yers bifor I found out I could use the spase-barto pors the screen.I remember having to press Ctrl + Alt + Del and then having toreboot my PC, just to get out of the credits screen.This is bicous the Esc key and spase-bar instructions are on the credits screen, which moovs up so god dam fast I carnt read them.Sheeees!!!The way Looking Glass did the credits screen must be one of thedaftist things thay ever cum up with. So can you remady this situation by puting the spase-bar and Esc key instructions on the background image ?Its a pity we cant scrole at ouwer owne lesher.How about sum beter music ? Or sum birds ?Or how about a colarge of sounds made from diferant parts of FU3 ?glidernut:-wave

Guest Quaxo

John, well, I don't have a digital camera either - I would borrow a friend's, or just scan a paper photo. And if someone doesn't have a way to do so, but wants his photo in the collage, he can send me a paper photo (by mail) and I can scan it.I proposed this idea because this forum is quite a "virtual family" to me, I mean it's more than just a usual virtual forum, and I liked the idea of a "group photo".As for putting the "space bar - esc" message on the background, this should be easy.As for the other things, well, I don't want to spend a lot of time on it - making a background would be feasible, but changing music and so on would take too much time to me. And I'm very busy lately.As for putting FU3 images in the background: my idea was to take a good screenshot of the UK region (maybe to be choosen with a forum contest) and use it as a background, then blend the photos on top of it. It would be nice, no? ;-)Cristian

Guest glidernut

Cristian,Yes it would be nice, Sum times this forum is mor like a family than a teem.We all go back a long way.Iill see what I can do in the way of a photo.Dont forget to inclood your self as well.That masiv leep you made into the deep end of terane bildingdiservs sum credit too you know.Just a bit.A very small bit.Harf of a very very small bit.Im off bifor I get shot.glidernut.:-wave

Guest twsimfan

Cristian,I have a digital camera... but I usually take caution to make sure the dern thang isn't pointed at me! :-lol

Yes, and I'll be the one doing the shooting if you insult me again ;-) Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png