Sign in to follow this  
bic

FSW: Cure for Dim Runway Lights?... How about City Lig

Here are some REAL-FLIGHT pictures:http://www.mousetrax.com/images/Chicago/Image352.jpghttp://www.mousetrax.com/images/Chicago/Image363.jpgSomeone loves the night dark, other yellow and someone bright and mostly white. I think that is OK.I accept you, when you say my files are too much bright. That is your meaning and for you, you are right.A great thing of microsoft flight simulator is the great community. And the lots of tools made for each other. happy landingsManfred

>> Unrealistic night lights , WAY TOO MUCH BRIGHT!!! I agree. A city would go bankrupt trying to maintain such amount of candlepower.And photographs are no proof either - you can easily over expose and have fantastic illumination like what Manfred is showing below. Anyone who has done real flying at night knows that.As a counter example I show this pic of lights on the outskirts of Chicago. This is add-on for Fs2000 by Mark Keith that I use within FS2002 with no problems. Maybe not so glamorous but it is highly realistic representation of your typical light pattern in a densly populated area. I tested pretty much all available lights for both versions of FS and I find this one the best.Michael J.

Have you tried turning off the lights and closing the blinds in your room?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Realistic for outskirts of a city, but not for the city itself.It's silly to suggest that retouching has anything to do with the pictures shown here. There is glare from the lights, but nothing out of the ordinary. Big clusters of lights are bright.The fact is simple - MS night texures are blurred and dark where they should at least be blurred and bright.Your screenshot is looking down at the ground, not out at the horizon. The default MS2002 textures look fine when seen at that angle too.Another take on night lighting (with actual point lights)http://www.nomissoft.com/screenshots.htmlAnd I believe x-plane used to do this too.Andrew>>> Unrealistic night lights , WAY TOO MUCH BRIGHT!!! >>I agree. A city would go bankrupt trying to maintain such >amount of candlepower. >>And photographs are no proof either - you can easily over >expose and have fantastic illumination like what Manfred is >showing below. Anyone who has done real flying at night >knows that. >>As a counter example I show this pic of lights on the >outskirts of Chicago. This is add-on for Fs2000 by Mark >Keith that I use within FS2002 with no problems. Maybe not >so glamorous but it is highly realistic representation of >your typical light pattern in a densly populated area. I >tested pretty much all available lights for both versions of >FS and I find this one the best. >>Michael J.

N562Z,Where can I find/download those taxiway markings?