Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

A Europe hi-res imaging site

Guest glidernut

Well spoted Jim B,It ses on this sight its got,

John,Wouldn't 20 metre resolution be too low for FU3 ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Chris Low,Yes, the terain textuer,s at 20 metre resolution is way too low for us.But the Digital Elevation Model at 20 metre resolution is beter than any sim anywhere.Its good deetaled acurat Elevation datea that we are short of in switzerlan andUK-South and or anywhere els we choos to divelop.I hope I havant read it rong. Its a big complicated sight.It needs agtim or sumone els with a good brain to look into it.Iv just thort,even if we bort this Digital Elevation datea, copyright restrictions might prevent us from puting it on avsim as freewhere.It dipends on how agtim incorperates the Elevation dater into the terain.glidernut.:-wave

Hi all,20m resolution is more than enough for FU3. The elevation model of FU3 has a grid of 64m only! You can't define a finer grid. What we can do with this resolution - just look at IOW. :-)I will check this site - we will see. :-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

I thought the elevation was 32 m agtim?But you are right about Wight - its a wonderful sight.Can you do something with the Thames? I mean raise or lower it a bit so that we can see the banks? Probably 64m res doesn't allow this, but around the docks, a sharp transition at the water would be an excellent effect.RobD.

Guest Ansgar

Wow, the site is good and the max possible resolution seems to be at 0,6m/pixel!!What I found so far is, that we didn

Hi Robert,In the real world there is a sharp transition of about 2m but our elevation grid is not in parallel to the dock border and so we have the same problem as at the Needles. 64m are about the Dock size. There is just one way to make a good shark dock - make a 3d model of it.http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/RealLondonCity.jpg :-wave agtim

Hi Ansgar,Don't know the costs at the moment, but as you can see on this supperb picture is - they are not corrected. e.g. buildings are not view from the top outside of the center. See Sanfrancisco sampleThere are pictures from Hamburg availlable on the net on touristic pages of Hamburg.Switzerland has corrected picture availlable as phone directory dvd for about 40 Euro for the full region.:-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

I did this for parliament house - made a dock edge. But its difficult to do for an airport, because FLED puts models at ground level, so I would end up with models at the wrong altitude. Anyway, I will have another look at the problem. Maybe its a luxury I can't implement.Thanks!RobD.

Guest R_Driscoll

I tried last night - mixed results, very mixed. I made an object of the right size and shape for LCA.1) firstly, a flat object at a height of 2m with a copy of the base terrain as texture. First impressions - good - the runway was still visible through the new object and could be landed on. Then I realised that FLED had dropped the 2 m object down onto the ground - resetting all points to zero height.2) added a seawall around the object. Now FLED puts it at the correct height. In FU3, the runway disappeared, and from certain camera angles I ended up floating above the ground. No good. Plane "fell through" the 2m object once.3) big next step would be to "paint" the runway onto the new object, with taxilines etc. I will try this (not for first release of the package - don't panic Hans!), but suspect it will not work as any ground ancillary equipment will tend to disappear, and runway signs will have to have "stands" on them to lift them up to the correct terrain height.4) next I tried just the seawall - an impression of a dock wall can be made by just making the seawall without the overtexture - it is sufficiently low that it gives the right feel except at very close distances. The wall must be single-sided to give the right illusion. This is the best I can do, but is not the most satisfactory.Conclusion - I don't know how to make a false height for LCA.If anyone has some brilliant ideas (Andy, Agtim, Jon, Ansgar, ...) let me know.RobD.Oh, and apologies for hi-jacking a thread on Euro scenery - my mistake.