Sign in to follow this  
Guest andy9164

That Sinking Feeling !!!!

Guest Quaxo

Lars,Here's your elevation fix. If you like it, it'll be included in the future update CD.To install it, unzip the zip file inside the Uk-South/Geos folder; then run GeoTilesViewer (version 3 or greater, and it must be in the same Geos folder); then import the new classification files (for bias and bjas). I suppose you know how to do? If you don't, just ask and I'll explain.When asked for the Airport Elevation, just enter 385 for both tiles.This was slightly more difficult, because the airport is actually half on a megatile, and half on another (bjas). So I had to modify both, in a consistent way.Test it, and see if you like it. You'll probably have a "wall" at the West border of the airport. If it's ugly, it can be reduced or moved (you can also try a different height value)... I actually didn't test these new files, as I don't have the time today... :-(Anyway, now the airport should be flat, and the whole area will be dry :-) !!Cristian

Cristian.I will try this new elevation and see how it turnes out.Thank's again.Lars Peter.:-wave

Cristian.The GeoTilesViewer refuse to import this files, and I can not find any newer version than 2.99:-hmmm Lars Peter.

Guest Quaxo

Lars, I'm at work now and can't check... I thought the version 3 was included with the 3rd update CD! Or maybe it is included with the new packages from Andre (IOW or Lundy). Anyway if you email Andre, he'll give you the tool...By the way, why can't you import the files? I could import them with version 2.97... And it worked, even though I got ugly pits. What error do you get?Cristian

Guest andy9164

Given the extremely wet weather they get in Wales, I am suprised you found no puddles. Surely it is flooded most of the year.:) But on a more serious note, to flatten at the correct elevation do I follow the same procedure at the "FLAT GATWICK" but just using a different elevation and the correct tile?Andy

Cristian.I have got ver.3.0 but still cannot import the files.I browse down the left menu and click on the file and typing in the new elevation.When I hit the import button, the next menu comes up as normal.When I hit "import" again I receive a message that says"select node, not the map".I have not found any "node option" to use, so the files will not import.Lars Peter.

Guest Quaxo

Lars,Oh, this is easy - There is not a "node option"; simply, when you want to import, don't choose the "l5bias" item, but its "father" - that is, the "bias" item. Now that should work! :-)Anyway, remember that you must click on the Classification Import button, and not the Elevation Import button!!Cristian

Cristian.Well. it was that easy:) Lyneham has now solid ground.Just some bumpy runways, but may be this is some minor adjustment.See screenshot.Thank's.Lars Peter.:-wave

Guest Quaxo

Lars,I've seen your screenshot... That seems a occurrance of the infamous "pits-pyramids" problem. It always happened when using earlier versions of Andre's tool. Are you sure you used version 3.0 or above? If you did, you can try re-importing. If it still doesn-t work, maybe you can restore the old original elevation for that tile, and try again... Personally, I had that problem when I used version 2.97, and it was corrected when I used 3.0. Let me know if you can get it fixed... :-)Cristian