Sign in to follow this  
Guest cornclose

Two questions of anyone who has an opinion...

Guest cornclose

1. In the following image of the UK region, there are some cone shaped trees very close to Southampton which appear to be untextured. Do I have something missing from my UK South installation or are they displayed correctly ?http://website.lineone.net/~flightsimuk/Pr...emp/flt3001.jpg2. In the next image, I have a strange nasty looking cloud intersecting another cloud layer, and the result is not nice. Is it an FU3 issue or a video driver issue ?http://website.lineone.net/~flightsimuk/Pr...emp/flt3000.jpgCast your votes now!!Many ThanksChris E, ENGLANDhttp://www.circle-software.co.ukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

Guest R_Driscoll

Yup, the "cone" trees are untextured. Many of the early models used solid colour. RobD.

Guest glidernut

Chris E,Theres nuthing rong with your UK-South.Them trees, if I can call them trees, wher dun by Captain Bazza.At lees I think thay was dun by him.But dont larf, Captain Bazza was the ferst one ever, to importanything into FU3, and show eveyone it could be dun.Captain Bazza was a pianer in the erly days of FU3.Mined you, if he was hear now, he would be the first one tolarf his soks off.Hear is another atempt by Captain Bazza at doing trees.Hav you got Captain Bazza,s bote ?Its not a Fled model, its a flyabl, I meen you can sail along in it. But its not in the avsim file librery.The bote was dun bifer we all setup home hear at avsim.He alsow did a flyabl air-ship, but Iv lost the vershion I had,so I carnt show you.But he did a hole pile of stuf.glidernut.

Guest glidernut

Chris E,Its an FU3 issue, we all see the same.This cloud model has a strate edged rectangl out of one side.And the man responsibl for not finishing the cloud model properlyhas put his pictuer in the same cloud.If he hadnt spent his time puting his pictuer in the cloud, thenhe might hav finished the cloud model properly.glidernut.:-wave

Which begs the question, can we change cloud models? I've looked at clouds in ResViewer. If they can be worked on as bitmaps or GIFs we might put some transparency along those obnoxious straight edges. Hans Petter

Guest glidernut

Hans Petter, If anyone wonts to take a look at the cloud models using ResViewer, thay are in Seattle GENPILE SKY.RES.I hav played around with them myself resently. But having exported a cloud model to the desktop, I could not openthe model in any of my modeling programs, "file extenshion not recognized".I did a serch on the net, but could not fined this file extenshion.So I set out to chang the textuers of the coulds to transparency,by paneting out the textuers with the same couler as the back ground.Leeving the textuers blanked out.I did this to 3 or 4 of them, but in FU3 all the clouds was mormal.So I did it to 15 or 16 of them, but in FU3 all the clouds was mormal.I did this to all of them, "60 or 70 I think", but in FU3 all the clouds was mormal, same coulers, same everything, mormal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I was thinking, just what dus it take to cors an afect on FU3,s clouds ?So I exported one of thows coded pages of text, and then inported itback into a diferant coded page, but in FU3 all the clouds was mormal.So I over rote harf the coded pages with the same one,Bingo, I hav a resalt, in FU3 I only hav one tipe of could, and thiscould is a little diferant to anything I hav ever seen bifor.So I preseeded to overright all the remaning coded pages with the same one, Fu3 refused to open. compleetly ded.So I swoped the SKY.RES with a backup copy, expecting FU3 to be back to normal, Ho no, Fu3 is stil as ded as a dodo, "panik" reboot, stil DED.Hav I corupted FU3 beyond repair ? I Swopt the hole of the GENPILE folder with a backup, FU3 OK agen.I wont try that agen in a hury.glidernut,

Chris,I have never liked the texturing on that upper layer of cloud, which is why I usually fly in clear skies. The wispy stuff that appears sometimes is excellent in comparison, and the effect of flying through a warm front (with lots of rain and hazy silhouettes of mountains in the background) is AWESOME !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest cornclose

Thanks for your replies everyone.I think I'll have a look at those clouds and see if I can improve upon them.Chris E, ENGLANDhttp://www.circle-software.co.ukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)