Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Beechcraft KingAir 350

The Beechcraft KingAir 350 is a superb FU3 plane (particularly the "Chris Low" version :-) ), but I would like to know if anyone else thinks that it feels rather too "light" on the ground. It seems to almost leap forwards from the parking spot when the engines are spooled up, and it seems very easy to turn when compared to the Beechjet.Is this just me being fussy again, or would the KingAir benefit from an upgrade to make it feel a bit heavier on the ground ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest DLM

Yes i agree, it should feel a bit more heavy on the ground.It

Thanks Daniel. Can you get it uploaded by Saturday morning ? :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest DLM

I shall try...but i fear you will come up with something new by sunday...What is it with you and the King anyway?? :( // Daniel

Guest jonpoint

Folks,The Kingair has always been a fave of mine too!Yes, it leaps forward and a bit more wheel drag may help but, wait until you have a play with the Dash-8 ;)Originally, releasing the brakes had you screaming across the apron at 40kts! I played around with the engine settings to simulate a turboprop with autopitch. I think it works well and also contributes to the turboprop 'feel' of the aircraft. Please try it - I can probably advise on what settings to vary too :-)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Jon,I want to fly the Dash 8.......but you have to release it first ! :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I too love the KingAir, especially the great panel. But why is it so self stablizing in the roll axis ? You have to fight to keep it in a bank ? It's the only ship in my fleet that behaves like this ?> Jim

Yes Jim, I would agree with you on that point. That is another minor problem that needs addressing....together with the rather ineffective brakes !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

Easy peezee!A CofG shift may fix the bank problem and brakes are also just a couple of lines in the flight model.So, who's gunna do it? I'll offer assistance to anyone interested. No special stuff required ;):-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Jon,While they're at it, they could also make a better set of flaps. They look a bit disjointed and......strangely separate from the wing ! :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

Chris,I agree that the 3D model could be slightly improved but I would need the 3D model to do that. Simply exporting the binfiles requires a complete rebuild which is more than a weekend's work! BTW, did you notice the outer flaps on the Dash-8? They 'slide' out on tracks.Why don't we just concentrate on the flight model for now? As you can tell, I'm trying to encourage others to get in and have a go. If someone would like, I will extract the file, add some comments and send it back to them. They can edit it, convert it (real simple) then a simple import with Resviewer is all that's required.When you realise how easy it is, you'll wonder why you didn't try it before ;) Actually, I know why you didn't try it before - nobody told us!Well, we have the knowledge now, let's use it ;) We can have better aircraft than shipped with the game so why not?I still want to redo the Beechjet using the 60+ textures available in the resfile. The LGS one only uses about 20 of them! Another day I suppose...:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Jon,Yes, I have noticed the impressive flaps on the Dash 8. They extend and drop very realistically.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest DLM

Jon,I would not mind if somone else made these improvements to the King.The King is good ground to practise on ;)All i ask is that the readme.txt file from the King must always follow it.I shall see if i can send you raw 3D models (not sure i have them).// Daniel

Guest jonpoint

Daniel,No problem. I too think that the Kingair is a good model to toy with and I'm more than happy to assist anyone who wants to have a go at it. As much as I've enjoyed doing the Dash-8, this time around I am determined to get a few others 'off the ground' first, before I get into the glider stuff ;)I would appreciate the raw 3DS model if possible but the 'e'file is probably just as useful. I would like to alter the texture mapping to have separate sides for everything so I can finish a livery I have for it. This would also make it easier for others to create new textures. We have 18 textures to play with so we can have a really detailed aircraft :-)The other reason I wanted it was to do a B200 from it. This would allow me to do the RFDS Air Ambulance I've wanted to do for some time. The B200 could also be used as a high-res AI model to replace the old Windhawk ;)I'm already looking at replacing the Citation with the Dash-8. I have the relevant files required, I'm just waiting until I get the Horizon livery finished - it makes more sense for US operation. Of course, the UK 'models.res' would have the BA livery in it!Let me know what you have or just send it to me. Of course, I could include the readme.txt file however it may be more appropriate to create a new one (I like to include operating tips) and I'll send it to you to add what you would like to it before posting.:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Jon,Now that's what I like to hear. Any upgrade of the high detail AI pack is music to my ears. Is there enough "room" to replace the UFO, Blimp and Chinook with anything ? They are completely unnecessary, and even one good looking AI plane would be worth far more than these three.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png