Sign in to follow this  

Video Drivers and

Guest Max Cowgill

Bob, I don't think Mr. Bottled is actually an Economics Professor. He only claimed to "being qualified to teach economics at a college level" which could really mean anything... But since this is the internet and Mr. Bottled prefers to remain anonymous (no name provided, no profile), it's pretty hard to qualify how credible his statement(s) truly are. I'm not attacking you personally Mr. Bottled, and I hope you take no offense at my statements. We simply seem to have a difference of opinion and I am expressing such.Max Cowgill

Alright you guys, AMD is great. You win. I lose. Who cares. Enough with the personal stuff. I didn't say I taught economics. I just have a graduate degree in economics. So what. That was easy. I absolutely hated marketing classes. Boring, boring, boring. Maybe some day in my retirement years, I'll teach econ and business law at some community college somewhere and give out real "D"s. hehehe. That'd be fun!! If I could do it my way, that is. That'd be "show up for class and you get a "B". Consistently debate me during the lecture and prove me wrong and you get an "A". Convincing me that you've proved me wrong would be the hard part. No exams. No surprises". That's what a University needs. OK, I'd give a test at the end of the semester. Ten true or false questions that'll count for two percent of your grade. So both you guys would have to speak to wreck your grade. hehehe. LOL. Not really meaning it. In the mean time,I have to practice law for a living. Go ahead and call the State Bar of Michigan if you want to verify it. Ask to verify Richard A. Anderson P37796 as being an active attorney since 1985. Report your results back here if you wish. Been practicing law here for some seventeen years now. And you're right Bob, I don't pay any attention to my grammer (sp) or spelling whilst writing these posts. Not trying to impress anyone. So there!!!!!!! I do, however; take great care when drafting contracts for parties. That's what they pay me for. And I'm very good at what I do. Boy, say something bad about an AMD and they really get riled. Is that a word???

that if by any chance the guy was being honest with his credentials and REALLY had something intelligent to say, it would be fun to find out. So far all he contributes is "duh...I love my intel..now lets drink beer...burp".One of my engineers used to love to razz me with how much he loved his intel, good naturedly, that was during my K62 400 era. He just bought himself an imac of all things, and now he wants to discuss how awesome his motorola processor is. We laughed about that. Many folks can't get past their own decisions to really speak about technical concepts objectively. Seems like lots of people like to tell you that the best (fill in here) is the (fill in here) cuz I just bought one and it "smokes". lolB

Do you realize I never recommended one brand over another? Your comment that suggests I favor AMD is additional evidence that you haven't gotten past emotional brand loyalty. My entire message is to evaluate technical decisions on technical terms. If you don't want to take the time to do that, then at least stay out of discussions on which product is "bad" or "good".the "I'm right based on my obliquely referred to background" is a common but weak arguing technique. As soon as the discussion breaks down to "my degree is bigger than yours is" is when good logical discussion ends.What happened to point-counterpoint and lets all learn something. The idea that when threatened we pull out a flashy background (and they usually are stretched a bit, like me getting a D in ur class when you really mean ur a lawyer with an econ degree)is a sad technique cuz it can only be meant to shut off ideas from people that feel insecure about their background.Well, enjoy ur lawyering....back to business.Bob B