Sign in to follow this  
Guest glidernut

A big thaks to you all.

Guest glidernut

Dear All, Further to me uploading the FU3 Dash-8 to the Avsim library, I would like to again extend my thanks to you all for your help, support and valuable input I received during the Dash-8 development. All of you have contributed in some way and, without your contributions, I would never have been able to do it. My special thanks especially to Ansgar, whose knowledge of all things (including FU3) kept me in line. One cannot have a better teacher than a 'Master' and that's what we have with Ansgar - thanks again! Gideon Pertzov's tools were indispensable (as usual) and again, I wouldn't have achieved anything without them. Steve Hess inspired me with his great cockpits and, whilst I wouldn't call my efforts a masterpiece, I owe a lot to him for showing us what can be achieved. Speaking of cockpits, Dan Port's side views were so good, I just had to have them! Dan deserves special thanks for not only creating these views for MSFS but also for giving me permission to use them in FU3. Thanks again! Andre and Cristian, working tirelessly on giving us new regions to fly in, gave me plenty of reason to develop something suitable for UK and Europe. To everyone else, thankyou for your time, suggestions and feedback. Although I haven't mentioned anyone specifically (because many of you were involved in different ways), if it weren't for the testers, we also wouldn't have an aircraft. Hans-Petter's attention to details helped me to iron-out a few issues early too. The fact that you have all offered to help for no return humbles me. Also, to Rick, Tom and all at Avsim for being simply the BEST sim site - no argument! Thanks again. BTW, the Easter eggs weren't so obvious so I thought I'd point out a few. FU3's renderer seems to 'fuzz' things a bit but... The radios are 'Avermeyer' brandThe Torque and ITT meters are 'Roverud' brandThe Prop tachos are 'Quaxo' brandThe OAT meter is a 'Hess'The gear panel is from 'Driscoll Avionics' (even I cannot read it any more since I darkened it)The IAS meter is from 'Meystre' That'll do for now but there ARE more in there, somewhere! I look forward to more fun and frolics with FU3 in the near future :-):-wave Regards,Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest jonpoint

Ok, John - you've done it again!Thanks for posting this 'coz, being the 'shy retiring type' I am reluctant to get too 'public' about these things...I think it is a good thing though as someone here just pointed out, when others realise how many people helped with the project, they won't feel so 'alone' when considering doing something themselves!Anything to further our enjoyment of this great sim :-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Jon,I would love to try building an FU3 plane, but at the moment I am too busy with FLED. I really wish that I could be like those guys in "The Matrix". Plug me in, and five seconds later I know everything about building models ! :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png