Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

How do I flatten particular airfields ?

No, I don't mean nuke them :-) I would simply like to get rid of the annoying "bump" in the runway at Auburn Academy, and level the terrain on which the Inglenook ranch dirt strip sits.I will obviously need to use Andre's GeoTiles Viewer. That isn't a problem. However, I need to know what pieces of terrain to flatten. Can anyone here provide me with detailed instructions regarding how to do this ?By the way, some of you may not be aware of the problem at Inglenook Ranch. Basically, your plane will sink into the runway at one end, and rise into the air at the other ! I suspect that's why the original parking spot was located directly opposite the central point of the runway (in other words, the only location where the dirt strip is level with the terrain). When I have sorted this out, I can get rid of the dotted line runway (which is something that I am currently working on with respect to ALL of the small airfields).Yes, Mr Driscoll. Your "log" will soon be put to good use :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Can anyone help ? Cristian ? I'm sure that you are familiar with this technique.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Quaxo

Hi Chris,Yes, sorry but I didn't notice your request before...I'm at work now, but I'll try to explain how to do (I hope to remember correctly)...As you already know, you'll need Andr

Guest Quaxo

? Chris, if there is some point that is unclear, I'll try to explain again... Or is EVERYTHING unclear? Or, have I completely missed the point of your question? :-hmmmCristian

Cristian,You explained everything clearly enough. I just hope that I can understand all of that quantum physics when I come to work my way through the instructions :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Quaxo

Well, Chris, there is a much easier way, but it is far less precise. And I tend to be a bit of a "perfectionist" when it comes to where to flatten... :-) Basically, you could just open the classification file, and draw a yellow shape (using the 4th palette color) more or less where the airport is. But this way, you risk to flatten an area that is to big or too small, or with a wrong shape... ;-) The other method is far more precise.Cristian