Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr Frizbee

Radio and FPS drop.

Guest Mr Frizbee

Hi,I've just got back into Fu2 and 3 after a long absence. When I used to play the game I had a Voodoo 3500 graphics card. Now I have a Nvidia GeForce 3. My trouble starts when I hit the space bar to bring up the radio messages. When the list of radio options appear in flight, I get quite a drop in fps. When I finished using the radio and get rid of the screen, the fps goes back to how it should be!Any ideas how I can fix this?

Guest Quaxo

I don't have an answer for you, but I can share my experience: when I had a GeForce2 Mx, I experienced an heavy fps drop whenever I had the "Press b to release brakes" or "Press e to start engine" messages. I don't remember about the radio though.The problem was pretty much solved when I switched to GeForce4 MX440. Now the fps drop is small.Maybe it's a problem with on-screen messages... Do you have slow-downs with the other on-screen messages?Cristian

I notice a drop in performance when entering radio commands, but it isn't severe. I don't recall ever noticing anything with respect to the "press b for brakes" or "press e to start engine" messages. I use a 64Mb GeForce 3 Ti 200.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have the same thing with radio messages on my 9700 Pro. It's not severe but noticable.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP