Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

How to edit FU3 sound files?

Guest R_Driscoll

I love that Yorkshire accent! But you would need subtitles.I'm not volunteering my voice. I don't want glidernut using it to scare his kids.

Guest jonpoint

I vote for some Swedish and a bit of Yorkshire...I want the Swede for the ATIS calls :-lol...and a Yorkie for the ground controller 'Ow lard, tarksee 't' puk vyer elfa - en don' be blasin' 't' terrminl wit yer noofengled jut warsh, yer bloody git :-lol :-lolTower should be somewhat dignified I suppose? "Greetings, flight crew of BA Flight 24, thankyou for calling Heathrow tower control. Unfortunately, all our traffic patterns are busy just at the moment. May I suggest that you put on the kettle, arrange a game of housie for the passengers and await further instructions...":-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest andy9164

Does anybody know (or even worked out) how many recordings are needed. I'm not volunteering just yet.Thats if tha dunt oject t' bit o northern like.Andy

Guest Steffen

Hi there,in fact I sort of worked out how many recordings would be needed: The answer is: Some.In order to replace the Tower, Unicom, Ground, and Approach voices in the vcomctrl.res, we'll need 2018 sound files. There are many sounds (like callsigns, spoken frequencies, double or identical phrases) in there that could be created via cut and paste - but we'll need almost all of them for the voices to sound correct...Replacing a (AI or player) pilot voice stored in the vcomp1.res ... vcomp9.res is "easier": Those consist "only" of 755 sound files (again with chances for the cut and paste thing).Again, I have an Excel worksheet ready to go for any "takers" which lists every single sound file and spoken phrase in those .res-files.Blue Skies, Steffen

Guest andy9164

Do you want them all in the same voice or is there certain voices for certain sayings. ie you dont want the pilot to be answered by himself in the tower. First signs of madness when you talk to yourself and the second sign is when you get answers.Andy

Guest jonpoint

You usually don't hear yourself in the tower - because they are separate files. You CAN hear yourself in another aircraft e.g. I use 'Peter' as a pilot voice and I've heard 'Peter's' voice being used in other AI aircraft at the same time.ONCE (and only once) I heard something really weird from ATC. I had been testing the Dash-8 and whilst at 16,000ft, approaching the Seattle area I swear I heard Seattle control (calling another aircraft) state 'the aircraft is a Dash-8 at your 9 o'clock'. The AI (Ignited) then answered 'aircraft in sight'.Now, I was still 50 miles from Seattle and I'm darn sure they were referring to another aircraft - except FU3 doesn't already have a Dash-8... :-eekI wonder if ATC can 'borrow' the words from any aircraft in 'plnpile', instead of only using the pre-recorded ATC sounds? If this is so it may cause issues for doing other ATC voices. In any case, when ATC talks to you they use the voices stored in your plane's resfile so, unless we edit those too (phew!), we will still get mixups :-(That leaves ATIS as the only voice resource that is limited to itself. And I want Swedish ATIS :-lol:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Steffen

Hi Jon,you are sort of correct: ATC "borrows" one sound from the plane's .res-file: You there have the spoken callsign "Dash8 hotel echo victor" and the spoken "Dash8". This second one is used for calling you directly (Dash8 taxiing out of..., say callsign!) or for referring your plane to passing traffic. So you heard the correct behavior of FU3 and no abnomaly. And there was by chance an Ignited AI bird passing more or less close to your plane, thats why the chick placed the call...Blue Skies,Steffen

Guest jonpoint

Yeah, it was nice to hear a new aircraft name being used by ATC, kind-of an 'acceptance'!:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************