Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stearman

Re the Barons...

Guest Stearman

Hi, regarding what has been discussed lately, I'd like to let you know that some time ago I did already put together a Baron which consists of: Ansgar Avermeyer's 3D models, flight physics and repaint, Steve Hess' VFR and IFR panels, Tonni Jorgensen's internal cockpit bitmaps (my favourite), and Hennie van Rooyen's sounds and callsigns. This is the only Baron I've been using in FU3 lately and it is great!!If there is enough interest and no authors have any objections, I'm willing to upload it immediately... (as an appetizer while waiting for Steve's new panel, that is :-) ).Please let me know what you think.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/19585.jpgBest regards,

Guest glidernut

Stearman,Yes pleas, I would like it.Sounds to me like you got the best of everything.Glidernut.:-wave

That sounds like a good idea! Ansgar's model deserves more than a standard Windhawk interior :-)Hans Petter

Guest Ansgar

Hello Stearman,YES please! Go on and upload it if there is any interest, (same is also possible for anybody else with good addon

Guest twsimfan

Daniel,No offense intended but your props don't match... you should paint them fist... IMHO... :)

Ansgar,Will Steve Hess' new panel have a better VFR cockpit view than the original ? I seem to remember that the panel occupied too much of the screen in the original version.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Hello Chris,I have an early example of Steves IFR-cockpit and there the proportions are approx. 40% free sight and 60% for the cockpit. IMO this is a good compromise in view F3!I hope Chris is reducing the VFR-view (F2) to 25..33% cockpit and 66...75% free sight to the scenery. This would be a perfect combination IMO and I tried this also for my B747 and DC3.We will see...

Guest Stearman

Hi Tom, glad to see you back... I repainted those prop blades to aluminium grey just before uploading the file, in the hope they're more to your likings that way... ;-)The file should show up in the library shortly.Best regards & happy landings!!

Guest R_Driscoll

Yes, please upload it. It sounds great. Two completely different clear-cockpit Barons would be heaven! The red Baron and the new Dash 8 are my planes of choice for flying UK at the moment - for serious flights between airports anyway.RobD.

Hi StearmanJust dropped by to check out the old forum... Don't visit that often...At the risk of hearing a barrage of curses and nasty swear words, I'll admit that I deffected to FS2002pro over a year a ago... NOT because it's a better sim, but because it caters for my 2 greatest passions... To be able to fly round New Zealand (My birth place) and Denmark (My adopted home)... And it also allows me to fly helos... Now those are a real challenge to master....Just wanted to say I find it gratifying to know that some people still find pleasure in using those dusty old bitmaps I created for the Baron, so long ago....Beautiful looking aircraft package you've assembled there... I wish you the best of luck with it....Hennies sounds for the Baron are really great....Also... Ansgars new model is nothing short of brilliant....Cheeers//TonniTo most people the skies the limit. To those who love flying it's home.

Tonnie, will you come back if we add Denmark as a new hi-res region? :-)I enjoy the latest FS sim too but I don't limit myself to one flight sim. Other people play all sorts of games in addition to simming and one doesn't preclude the other. In many ways this old sim has evolved faster during the last year than it did during the previous three :-jumpy Ansgar, Andre, Cristian, Jon and Robert have made it all possible. Hans Petter

Guest Stearman

Tonni, glad to read you again...Don't be that surprised though. I've always enjoyed your designs. I do still remember what you did for the Grumman Goose... believe it or not, that made it one of my favourites and it still is!!I hope you keep coming back here now & then.Thanks once again for your works, and best regards.

Hans Petter & Stearman..Thanks for the kind words guys..I do still love FU3... It still is a great sim...The reason why I haven't been using FU3 for so long is that I had a serious crash on my system... Reformatted with Windows Xp got Fs2002 running, but had problems getting FU3 installed again...Then ran into a heavy project at work that's stolen a lot of my spare time for the last 6 months... So the little spare time I've had, I've spent flying on the one sim I got working...Now that I'm starting to get a bit more time, I reckon I might try and get FU3 going again...Your new Baron package gives me one more incentive...Hans Petter... If you make a Danish terrain... I'll fly it!!... :0)Stearman... About the Goose... The Goose is a very special plane to me. I had a friend who, many years ago, used to ferry tourists round in one and I've spent many rewarding hours in the cockpit of that old bird... As far as the Baron goes... This too is well known to me as I often go on business trips in one... Man she's a beauty... It's been upgraded with 375hp turbo-charged engines and she goes like 'a bat outta hell'... The pilot told me it's the most powerful engines he can get certified for that type of airframe... Probably the closest I'll ever get to a jet fighter... Keep up the good work guys, and No you ain't lost me yet....Cheers//Tonni

Guest R_Driscoll

Kiwi, welcome, welcome, pull up a seat and get comfortable. We don't get much done here but we talk a lot. You want a helicopter - have a quiet word to Jon or Ansgar. They'll send you one tomorrow. You want Norway? Flat or fjorded? Talk to agtim, cristian, Hans Petter.Well to be more realistic, each model take a few months (is that correct Jon?), and UK-South has taken us a really really looong time (how long, Cristian). Doesn't matter, they can be made in time. I'm sure Norway is possible. And the helicopter.Except I don't think we can make the helicopter hover at all ...

Guest Dann

Just a note on the Baron's flight model...does the new one still run up to 30" of power, then not reduce (at full throttle) as the plane climbs past 5,000 plus feet?This was slightly inaccurate for either the turbocharged engine OR the normally aspirated one...I fixed it, choosing a normally aspirated engine by changing just one small value in the flight model, hasCarb to a "1" instead of a "0". Now, by 5,000 feet the engines are correctly putting out 25" of manifold pressure (vacuum, actually) at full throttle.Also, the plane was a tad bit heavy, instantaneously generating better than a 1500 ft/minute decent at idle throttle...this was just a slight decrease in mass to fix.Just an FYI and a fix for it.Dan