Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

New Baron 58

That new Baron 58 seems to include the best bits of every Baron that has come before it. However, there is a problem. I can't seem to find the VFR cockpit. When I press the F2 key, I get the IFR cockpit. When I press the F3 key, I get another IFR cockpit.So, can someone tell me where the VFR cockpit has gone ? :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Stearman

Hi, Chris... well, I guess you should ask Steve about that :-)However, I do still think this is the best Baron panel available so far in FU3, and the 3D window is "tilted" in such a way that not even the F3 panel does really limit your view for VFR flying (this is only my personal opinion, of course).Tastes, tastes...Best regards & happy landings!!

Seriously though, I do find flying difficult with a panel that obscures around 60 per cent of the screen. I have just tested it during a final approach, and the lack of visibility is frustrating. However, I agree with you that it is a very nice, realistic looking panel......and the entire set of cockpit graphics are also good.Maybe someone could pass the message on to Steve Hess regarding the VFR cockpit ? After all, great visibility is precisely why Looking Glass Studios introduced this feature in the first place.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png