Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Racing Fools

Sorry to post this here, but I am aware that some of you are dedicated racing drivers. I have just bought Rally Trophy for a fiver......and I received a whole penny in change ! How's that for a bargain ? Anyway, I look forward to shaming you all with some phenomenal performances over the coming months. I haven't tried the game yet, but I am confident that I will have no trouble defeating a sad bunch of losers that have nothing better to do than fly virtual planes all day ! :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

I resemble that Chris! I've got lots of better things to do. There's, um, hang on a minute, just, ah, heaps. I'll get back to you. Anyway, I'm not a sad loser. Quite a happy one really.My son has discovered flying, but he likes these fighter planes rather than civilian flying. I can't understand why. All you do is go around shooting at things.Anyway, I give you a week with your pitiful Rally Trophy. No, four days max. Then it will be in the trash can (sorry, rubbish bin), and you'll be back in the real virtual world (does that make sense - real virtual world? I'll have to think about that one).Hope you prang it on the first corner,RobD.

Guest Stearman

Hi Chris, let me hang on to your post just to say this: if you want racing realism, go for Grand Prix Legends (if you can find it yet!!).GPL is to me a lot like FU3: both were released years ahead of its time (in the sense that only now the available hardware does justice to them). Also, I think both do still prevail over the newer products as far as realism is concerned. Even their respective stories have some parallelism (think of two small companies such as Looking Glass and Papyrus, both victims of the giant corporations' policy such as Electronic Arts and Sierra).And of course (as someone said) both have been upgraded to a "Pro" version only thanks to the hard work of independent developers, who have given it graciously to the community (see below).http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/22318.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/22321.jpgSorry for the off-topic, but I just couldn't resist.Regards!!

Guest juvat2

I purchased GPL when it "hit the shelves". A wonderful racing sim. Silly ole me thought my many hours with Nascar Racing 2 (another out standing Papyrus gem)had prepared me at least to some margin for GPL. Oh boy was I ever wrong. GPL always has and it seems forever will have me gripping my trusty T2 and thrashing the stick, feet forever busy on the pedals. The very rare times that I can keep my concentration enough to complete a race, I find myself thoroughly done in; feeling the thrill of running these wonderful racers. Its fine out of the box and a big thanks from me to all you for the many downloads and upgrades. Pure adrenaline.Jim B. (raises arm as he completes a lap)

Guest Robs

ChrisI am dedicated GPL driver (although I am better at rallying!)The experience of finishing your first ever clean lap of Nurbergring and then the agony of trying to get a lap under 10mins ....I have seen lap times of under 8 mins!!!I am surprised thet the GPL section of AVsim is empty!Rob

Guest Robert_S

"Racing Fools"? Hey, that's down on the bottom floor of AVSIM! ;-)But I'll take PC racing talk anywhere I can find it. :-)[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest Robert_S

"...pitiful Rally Trophy"?::FlyBert glares at Rob:: ;-)[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest Robert_S

As a moderator of both Racing Fools and this forum, let me say "Off-topic is NO problem, Daniel!" :-hahThen, of course, there's the matter of cheese... :-lol[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest twsimfan

Chris,Well you have managed to get Bob's attention. :-lolAnd don't let them kid you... GPL is more socially acceptable... apparently... but RT is more fun! I have both.

Er....I'm a bit busy with FLED right now to, erm........demonstrate my skills in Rally Trophy. You knew I was only joking about smashing all of those track records..........right ? :-cool Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Robert_S

Sure, Chris. ;-)Staggerwing is going to be so disappointed. :-lol[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Don't worry Bob. I will be playing around with Rally Trophy now and again. In fact, I have just had a test drive in the Mini Cooper S on the first stage in Russia (this is the same stage as the demo), but I was only making sure that the software was working properly. I had several problems at first, including an unexpected shutdown during the install process (now where have I seen that before ? ). When I did get the game installed, it crashed to the desktop when it attempted to load the stage (this appears to have been a problem associated with the graphics settings), and then the "controller setup" screen froze on me ! I had to blink to make sure that I wasn't still in FLED ;-)Anyway, I have finally got the game working properly, so I am looking forward to testing the other cars and tracks over the next few months. When I start getting quicker, I will post some times on this forum (or the Racing Fools Forum).Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest twsimfan

Chris,Be aware that the auto shift mode in RT is pretty bad. It will work for the front drivers but is terrible for the rear wheelers. Manual shift makes the rwd ones not only usable be the most fun of the lot... and it makes the fwd ones more fun.

Tom,I just had a test drive in the Volvo Amazon, and it was more difficult to drive than the Mini Cooper S. Is this a rear wheel drive car ? I never bothered to check.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png