Sign in to follow this  

Editing parking spots not allowed in end-user mode.

Hello All,;) Who parmis those which will read me, will say to me in which pi

Guest andy9164

Luc,I thought you had given up as we had not heard from you for a long time. How is Cardiff coming along.I had the same problem last week and find the very simple answer.In your Flight 3 folder you will see a file called flt3.cfg.You need to open this with a text editor and add the lineIworkhereI put it at the bottom and can now edit the parking spots.Andy

Hello and thank you Andy,; -) Not, I did not give up. I was only tr

Guest R_Driscoll

Andy's answer is correct - you need the line "Iworkhere" in your configuration file.Thanks for the Cardiff photos Luc! Best wishes for the taxigraph.Who is the best person to try and write a little manual on how to use FLED to create the airport communications - the frequencies, voice sounds etc? Chris, Jon, Roland, Andy? Volunteers, take one step back!I know that there are real problems with getting proper names into FU3, like Lydd, Southampton, Plymouth etc. Is anyone closer to a solution? We have plenty of new airports, with exciting names like 119.2, ground, (blank) etc. Why can't someone with a good Yorkshire accent (not a northern accent - heaven forfend) record these for us? RobD.

Guest jonpoint

Bounjour Luc :-)I am glad that you are finally getting into FLED! The 'Iworkhere' line is a must but I can also recommend that you download Rob Driscoll's 'commented' flt3.cfg file from the Avsim library. You may have to search under 'Robert Driscoll' as the author. The reason I recommend it is because it has a lot of additions covering different weather types and haze, as well as many standard refinements!Besides, all Aussie things are worthwhile :-lolSpeaking of Rob... I'm sorry but I have decided to concentrate on the glider stuff first, before I get back into sound resources. I have also thought that we may be better just cutting and pasting from existing resources, otherwise we either have to do too much recording or put up with accents changing in mid-sentence. The reason is the aircraft sound files! ATC 'borrow' the aircraft name from the resfile so, regardless of the airport name etc, these files are still used. For example "Dash-8, taxiing from (US accent) blahblah (UK accent)". Or , when you call into ATC for vectors (or the tower for approach), you would get "Blahblah (UK accent), this is Dash-8 Tango Quebec Zulu, requesting vectors direct (US accent) Heathrow (UK accent)"This would be more infuriating than just listening to the US accents alone :-( I'm thinking that frequencies may be the solution, no matter how much we would love to hear a clearly spoken 'Cardiff' on the radio...Besides, the glider sites will only use Unicom and there's waaaay too much re-recording to get the entire vocabulary done in another accent. For unicom, numbers make sense although I'll admit I've never been able to get Unicom actually say the frequency for airports I've edited :-( I'm assuming they'll just say 'traffic'.:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Hi Jon, Rob, Andy:;) "Iworkhere" functions perfectly. I could modify my "carpark spot", by indicating "hand terminal", and by giving planes (747, Paradise, Windhawkp ". Following that, I supplemented the "aiplan.txt" the "LEGACIES" only since I ask so that my planes fly of airport to airport, in the event: lhr-Card(iff), Card-lun(dy, Card-gtw. All altitudes of course, but a pi