Sign in to follow this  
Guest nhill

Slow down FU3?

Guest nhill

Hi all. I just reloaded FU3 for my grandson (10 Ys old), who loves playing this sim. FU3 has always seemed to me to work at double speed, expecially compared to FSXXXX and most noticeable when landing. Is there anyway to slow down the sim so landing speed appears less ballistic and more realistic? my Grandson (and I)would appreciate it. Thank you. Windows XP Home, Radeon 9500 Pro, 512MB RAM.

I have never noticed any difference in speed between FS and FU3.You may try zooming in (shift+z), as this may sometimes make the sim feel slower (zooming out, shift+x, would make it seem faster). This would however only have an effect on the final momdents of the landing and during takeoff.The default field of view in FS2002 makes it look as if you're flying with a pair of binoculars over your eyes so if you're used to that, FU3 may appear a bit different. In FS, I usually zoom out to between 0.5 and 0.75 depending on the aircraft.Another suggestion for slower landings would be to reduce the throttle, and use flaps when landing :-lol ;)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest glidernut

Try landing into wind.

Guest nhill

Thank you for the feedback. What 10 yr old boy wants to do anything slowly? Pull the throttle back?? Flaps?? Ha Ha!! I think the best way is to zoom in. Is there a way to make it the default setting?

I have never thought that landing speeds in FU3 appear unrealistic. However, I can offer the following suggestions:-1. Use a slow plane.2. Land on a large runway.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Motormouse

Hi Neill,The only thing you can do here is to change the key bindingsfor a 'one touch operation' zoom in/out via a 'Joykeys.cfg'file.(If you don't have one,simply create a new .txt file within your main Flight 3 folder and rename it 'Joykeys.cfg')"Joystick/Keyboard Command Binding SystemIn the following section, a "joykey" refers to a joystick button or keyboard key. The following section also refers to the command console. The console is invoked from fly mode by hitting the ":" key.You can change the mapping of joystick buttons or keyboard keys from their defaults by creating a file named joykeys.cfg in your flight directory. That file contains lines with one of these formats: bind joykey to function, pass default data to function bind joykey to function, pass specified data to function off remove all bindings to this joykey console bind joykey to console command stringThe best way to find out the syntax for joykey_codes, as well as the list of available functions, is with the dump_hotkeys console command described below.""Command Console SystemThe command console is invoked from fly mode by hitting the ":" key. The command console was primarily used during development of the game to debug features before the UI for those features was ready. A few features were added to the game in the final stages which are only accessible by invoking the command console. Console commands can also be triggered by joystick buttons or keyboard keys, as described in the "Joystick/Keyboard Command Binding System" section.Using the console command (:) while in game, you can now dump the current hotkey bindings to a named file. For example, while in game hit the colon key (:) to bring up the console at the top of the screen. Then type dump_hotkeys mykeys.txt, where mykeys.txt is your new named file. This will dump the current hotkey bindings to the file mykeys.txt. To add new keybindings (or change the default ones) you can cut and paste lines from mykeys.txt into your joykeys.cfg file. For example, if you wanted to change the key which controls the landing gear from lower case 'g' to upper case 'G', you could find the line in mykeys.txt which says "key_g Toggle_Landing_Gear", copy it to joykeys.cfg and change it to "key_G Toggle_Landing_Gear". NOTE: There is a problem with redefining the escape key, which exits flying mode and also exits from one UI screen to the previous UI screen. We strongly recommend that you do not have any lines in joykeys.cfg which define what key_esc does."Basically you need to copy and paste these 2 lines into your 'Joykeys.cfg'key_X Increase_Field_Of_Viewkey_Z Decrease_Field_Of_Viewand then change them to readkey_## Increase_Field_Of_Viewkey_## Decrease_Field_Of_Viewreplacing the "##" with your own choice of keystroke.Hope this helps:-wavePete

Guest nhill

Pete, Thank you for your in depth information. I do have a Joykeys .cfg to use my CH yoke so doing the change in one stroke rather than two would work well (make it easier for my grandson to remember).Have a great day,